Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

nappy skin reaction like burn

(3 Posts)
aamia Thu 11-Oct-12 21:59:16

Used the newborn pampers for a day. Result is a burn like rash. Poor baby. Anyone experienced similar? Best healing ideas? Have swapped brands again and lots of nappy free time.

lorisparkle Fri 12-Oct-12 00:17:29

All my DSs had very sensitive bottoms. I could not use wet wipes on any of them and use the mini muslin cloths. I found that any nappy that had a 'aloe vera' or similar lotion or liner in them was a nightmare and an expensive mistake when I bought a large batch of them. I have always use sudocrem on basic nappy rash but found metanium the best on anything more serious. Sounds like you are doing the right thing with lots of nappy free time. I also had to be very careful what (if anything) I put in the bath even now and DS1 is 6 and DS3 is 2.

ValiumQueen Fri 12-Oct-12 09:46:56

Metanium is really good. Took me two babies to find it. Expensive but worth it. Of course what I really advocate is cloth nappies. Feel free to have a browse of the rest of the section and ask any questions. It is very rare to have nappy rash with cloth. Hope little one is soon better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now