Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What order for boosters? Newbie on reusables

(6 Posts)
OhShitWhatToDo Wed 10-Oct-12 16:48:27

Recently started reusables. Gone with Little lamb one size fits all. I started too late and wish I'd started sooner dd is 11 months. At night I was using a fleece booster closest to dd and bambo between the fleece booster and nappy outer. This is because with the bambo between liner and fleece booster dd's bum felt damp.

Last few nights the nappy has leaked despite changing her around midnight. Should I use a fleece booster, then a bambo, then another fleece? Or a fleece and 2 bambo or just 2 bambo?

Eek. Loving reusables tho and wish I'd started sooner

OhShitWhatToDo Wed 10-Oct-12 16:49:30

Eek still under undercover mn name

ValiumQueen Wed 10-Oct-12 19:33:25

LL OSFA is a pocket nappy and has a fleece inside and a waterproof outside. Everything booster-wise needs to go in the pocket. Fleece is not appropriate as a booster. Only suitable as a liner, and as the nappy has a fleece liner built in, that is why it is leaking. Two layers of fleece makes it waterproof The OSFA comes with two microfibre inserts if I remember correctly. Put these in the pocket and a bamboo booster or two behind them next to the waterproof layer. There are better night nappies out there, but definately worth a try.

OhShitWhatToDo Wed 10-Oct-12 19:41:34

That's what I meant, microfiber - see I'm all new. Already out one on her but will follow your advice for the next one. Getting a lit of oreloved ones on Friday incl tots bots so will be back for advice smile

ValiumQueen Wed 10-Oct-12 19:52:48

It is a bit confusing. I have some OSFA LLs, but they do not fit my DD at 2.5, so are put by for my boy. Shame they are pink. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want.

OhShitWhatToDo Wed 10-Oct-12 20:01:33

Thanks you :-) how old is your ds?

I ordered a mix and set up blue and green for bed and the white and pink for day. Dd has fat thighs so at first they seems too smug, but are ok now. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now