Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

night time wrap for toddler houdini

(9 Posts)
vanhelgan Fri 21-Sep-12 16:02:36

2.5yo DS has taken to stripping off at every opportunity. Particularly at night... I generally use a mixture of flips and BG for him (heavily boosted) but as they're really showing their age and getting a little leaky now I decided to get a couple of nappies to use at night and work on the potty training during the day before his flips give up completely!

I tried a new little lamb bamboo which I boosted and put on under a blueberry coverall last night. Worked well but the coverall (his little sister's) was a bit tight over a size 3 LL. Not sure whether to stick with this or to get a couple of new wraps for him. If so it needs to be...

1. big enough to cover a booster size 3LL on a large toddler.
2. preferably something of a chllenge for him to remove

Any suggestions gratefully received!

ValiumQueen Fri 21-Sep-12 17:21:32

I think the little lamb size 3 wraps are Velcro, so unlikely to be much good, unless you put him in escape proof pjs, like I did with nappy removing DD1. Watching with interest.

vanhelgan Fri 21-Sep-12 17:40:41

Velcro would def not be a good idea! The actual LL nappy is velcro but I was hoping if I use a nappy nippa too and team it with the right wrap I may be able to foil his plans. Otherwise I need to just carry on replacing asap as I've been doing with flips/bg.

Escape proof PJs sound like A Good Thing- please tell me more smile

ValiumQueen Fri 21-Sep-12 18:09:38

I used the ones that are like a really big zip up baby gro. Easier now winter is approaching as the poor thing will not get too hot. I got mine from primark fairly cheaply, but noticed lovely animal ones in next the other day. May need a safety pin at the top although I found DD once asleep never quite worked out how to undo it. She eventually learned how to put her hands down the sleeves, but after being soaked to the skin on a few occasions she stopped doing that.

bagpuss Fri 21-Sep-12 18:11:53

Motherease airflow wink

ValiumQueen Fri 21-Sep-12 18:13:22

Good thinking bagpuss

bagpuss Fri 21-Sep-12 18:15:26

I speak as the voice of bitter experience grin.

ValiumQueen Fri 21-Sep-12 18:23:18

grin I can imagine!

vanhelgan Fri 21-Sep-12 19:58:01

Fantasatic - have ordered the airflow and will look out for some jumbo babygros! Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now