Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Heat from disposable nappy, normal?

(4 Posts)
Inspirachion Mon 17-Oct-11 22:14:37

not imagining this hmm
Am away in Spain using local brand disposable and noticed that when ds has just done a wee the nappy feels very warm to the touch on the outside. I know this partly cos one leaked when I was carrying him round the supermarket yesterday.
We use reusables at home so not sure if normal of not but I think it's odd and probably uncomfortable for him. If I track down huggies or pampers to use instead will I get the same problem?

Tchaikovsky Tue 18-Oct-11 07:45:00

Disposable nappies are the hottest of all nappies to wear. I'm told it's like wearing a plastic coat on a hot day - the waterproof outer turns it into a sauna. When I read that testicular cancer and falling sperm counts in men are being linked to the heat inside a disposable nappy, I vowed I'd never put a boy in one again! I think it's all disposable - pampers and huggies as well. So I'd let him have as much nappy off time as you ca while you're away, and get straight back to the cloth a.s.a.p.

Hevster Tue 18-Oct-11 15:14:35

I have noticed it a few times when DD2 has worn disposables (we use nature babycare when not in cloth)

Inspirachion Tue 18-Oct-11 18:53:15

Hmm I'd have thought this would be really unappealing to people and something of a worry. V surprised it's not mentioned more.

Obviously body temperature wee will feel warm initially but this seems to amplify it/make it feel warm longer, though I've no way of being sure of that.

Looking forward to getting back to those bum genius in a few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now