Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Leaky Itti Bitti Tuttos

(7 Posts)
vallinnapod Tue 20-Sep-11 12:03:49

DS is 3 weeks tomorrow and we have just moved from disposables into our Itti Bitti Tuttos and we can't seem to stay dry.

They are definitely tight enough round the waist and don't seem too baggy around his legs but they are soaked the second he wees at the moment. I almost expected it at night as he does go 3-4 hours which I thought may be pushing them but this morning he had leaked in an hour Seem to be lined enough and last night I boosted further with fleece liners. Bit disheartened by it all.

Any hints/tips from anyone already using them?

Thanks

grumplestilskin Tue 20-Sep-11 12:04:49

are they new? are they bamboo? bamboo needs LOTS of pre-washing to get up to their normal level of absorbancy

grumplestilskin Tue 20-Sep-11 12:06:17

p.s. fleece liners don't add absorbancy, they draw the moisture away. Unless you mean MICRO-fleece boosters. If it's fleece like as in a fleece blanket/jacket then its a liner not a booster. HTH x

vallinnapod Tue 20-Sep-11 12:52:23

Thanks - fleece a liner rather than booster (old fleece scarf grin). They are bamboo liners. Been through the wash 4 or 5 times - may just need a bit more. Also didn't pre-wash the outer nappy which I understand may be an issue.

vallinnapod Tue 20-Sep-11 12:52:47

*Bamboo boosters, not liners - too much terminology...

grumplestilskin Tue 20-Sep-11 22:08:42

yeah that fleece wont add absorbancy, it's just to keep the skin dry and make it easy to carry solids to the toilet to flush. I would say you need way more than 4-5 for iitts to get them up to full absorbancy (once you do they last and last)

vallinnapod Wed 21-Sep-11 18:00:01

Thanks! Have had the wash on all day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now