Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Are the new nappies making dd uncomfortable?

(3 Posts)
AlwaysRocking Fri 09-Sep-11 22:50:56

Switched to reusables recently and really happy with them. However my mum has said she thinks I shouldn't be using them because they are Bulkier than disposables. Dd is only 12lb and I am using mainly btp so there is a bit of spare fabric, but she seems happy and hasn't been fidgeting or seemed upset so I assumed she must be comfortable. I havent read anything about reusables being less comfortable but am doubting myself. I should just trust my own instincts, right?

NappyShedSal Sat 10-Sep-11 15:54:08

Bulky nappies are very very good for babies' hip development. They won't be any bulkier than terry squares were, and literally millions of babies worldwide have survived with wearing bulky terry squares. Another thing to remember that Linford Christie / Seb Coe / Usain Bolt all wore bulky terry nappies and it didn't hinder their physical development!

AlwaysRocking Sat 10-Sep-11 17:57:25

Thanks NappyShedSal, I was having a bad day and doubting myself, but your reasoning is great and I shall use it if anyone else criticises my choice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now