Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Baby leaking through disposables at night, what do I do?

(7 Posts)
TribbleWithoutACause Thu 01-Sep-11 08:25:02

Hi,

We're currently using disposables at night and recently he's started leaking through the front onto his tummy. I normally use pampers, so I tried Huggies last night and the same thing. He's in a size 4 in them.

What do I do?

Any advice would be appreciated.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Thu 01-Sep-11 21:11:26

If they are leaking because they are full go up a size, they will be more absorbant. If they are leaking due to shape then keep trying different brands

nannyl Fri 02-Sep-11 09:02:23

think baby belly has covered it.

also you can buy disposable nappy pads from mothercare (for their smart nappy system) In the past I have stuck those in with the nappy, and it has helped.

also make sure his willy is pointing down into nappy when you put it on wink

notcitrus Fri 02-Sep-11 09:05:13

Bigger size even if he isn't in the weight band, make sure nappy is done up snugly, and could get a nappy wrap for reusables to go outside.

going Fri 02-Sep-11 09:05:27

Bigger size!

I had to do this for my son, the nappies seemed to fit but leaked, went up a size and didn't have the problem anymore.

Hevster Fri 02-Sep-11 21:05:29

I have a friend who puts a wrap (bambino mio) on top of a disposable at night as her DS was leaking through every night

TribbleWithoutACause Fri 02-Sep-11 21:42:35

Thanks for the advice, my friend gave me some of her Asda ones to try and we didn't have a single leak grin. He's in them again tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now