Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Reusable pull-ups

(14 Posts)
Shipscat Wed 31-Aug-11 06:39:44

Morning!
DD has decided at 20 months that she is ready to potty train(?!) and I was wondering if there are such things as reusable pull-ups, as I think we're going to need more absorbancy than just pants would offer.
I'm loath to use the disposable ones having got this far in washables.
TIA lovely ladies smile

Nagoo Mon 05-Sep-11 15:22:23

watching with interest, as although DD is only 9MO I'm eyeing up the pull ups as nappy changes appear to be horrific torture, which she is intent on dragging herself away from.

ziggyf Mon 05-Sep-11 20:29:24

Super Undies worked for us, love the nighttime ones :0)

Nagoo Mon 05-Sep-11 20:57:02

aaah they only make them in 'big' sad

purplepidjin Mon 05-Sep-11 20:59:48

I've been pondering making them (small one-person online business) but am still in the trying-to-find-mates-to-test and argh-PUL-is-so-expensive stages!! PM me if you fancy discussing it further smile

TheRealMBJ Mon 05-Sep-11 21:03:41

Yes, a friend trailed some. Can't remember who they were by but here are some

ziggyf Wed 07-Sep-11 20:33:33

Nagoo - the small ones might be ok actually, they come up quite small in my experience. How big is she?

Shipscat - definitely the super undies. The imse vimse ones are great but more for the odd accident/not quite making it to the loo in time incidents. You can boost the SUs so that they hold a whole wee (or more) which is very helpful in the early days, especially if you are PTing young (as I did with DS1). x

ThePetiteMummy Thu 08-Sep-11 00:44:19

Tots Bots do some, here:

http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.427532/sc.7/category.4273/.f

Hope that link works, haven't done one on mn before!

ThePetiteMummy Thu 08-Sep-11 00:48:20

I'll try again:

here

Haven't got to the stage of pull ups yet, so don't know if they're any good.

Nagoo Thu 08-Sep-11 08:03:46

ziggy she's just over 9kg. lovely fat legs smile

I've been using the cotton bottoms we had for DS. I never made it into large size with him, so I'll have to go to 'sposies or invest hmm

I've been looking and easy up type nappies are 15-17p each though shock so I might have to invest smile

Nagoo Thu 08-Sep-11 08:04:43

I'm thinking that the ones linked are not going to be absorbent enough?

lovelybertha Thu 08-Sep-11 08:25:10

We use Tots Bots. It's true, they're not very absorbent. I find them okay for our purposes though - DD tells me if she's had an accident, and usually they hold out long enough to stop her clothes from getting wet. She has pretty chunky thighs.

I think they feel sufficiently un-nappyinsh to remind her that she needs to use the potty- if they were any bulkier (more absorbent) she'd probably wee in them more.

I'm not sure you can really 'wean' a child off using nappies with pull-ups, I think it's a concept developed by disposable nappy companies rather than the realities of potty training. wink

ziggyf Thu 08-Sep-11 17:07:03

The Tots Bots ones are great for potty training as they hold a bit more than some of the other training pants (Bright Bots for example) but they won't be any good for you Nagoo. You need something a bit more substantial. How about a side snap nappy? They are a bit easier to pull on and off but also allow you to take them off without smearing poo everywhere if you can get DD to lie still in an emergency grin Blueberry used to do one but they have been discontinued I think. Weenotions do a side snap too I think?

rusmum Thu 15-Sep-11 20:09:15

i used large sandy's with no wrap and just pulled up down x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now