Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help with my Fuzzibunz!!!

(9 Posts)
brockleyD Mon 15-Aug-11 21:47:46

Hi, my little daughter is six months and has been wearing fuzzibunz perfect fit size small since day 1 and we love them! However when I bought them I was told they would last till 9 months and then I would buy large, which would see me through to potty training (this is expensive but I thought it would be ok if I had another child)..Anyway it turns out this is not the case and their is a medium size (serves me right not doing my research before I bought them). So now I have to decide between the following option:
a. Use disposables until she is bigger enough for size large to save money not buying medium (each set is about £220)
b. Sell my first set and buy the mediums
c. Buy one size fuzzibunz but worried these might not truly last till potty training...

Anybody else in this situation? Any advice?

MrsPotatoHeadsStylist Mon 15-Aug-11 22:08:40

I would buy the one size birth to potty ones, I think the fuzzi's are reasonably generous and would fit most 'til potty training. My DD1 is 2.5 and we have one fuzzi and it still fits fine with room to grow, though we mostly use Bumgenius and Wonderoo.

Worst case scenario then is that you briefly have to use disposables before potty training, but by then she will be down to only a few nappies a day (my DD 1 now only has one for morning, one for afternoon and one for night) so will cost less in disposables, compared to you switching to disposables now while you wait until she is big enough for size large.

slackdan Mon 15-Aug-11 23:42:01

Have a look at PopnGro pockets. Their size 2 accommodates a massive size range. Our DD1 (2.5) wears them & there's still loads of growing room left.

brockleyD Tue 16-Aug-11 09:23:37

MrsPotatoHeadsStylist, thanks for your advice. Would you recommend bumgenius over fuzzibunz? I know its silly but I much prefer the colour range of fuzzibunz but I could put that to the side if bumgenuis is much better?

Slackdan, I will have a look at PopnGro, thank you.

MrsPotatoHeadsStylist Tue 16-Aug-11 09:37:26

I prefer the Bumgenius because they have fitted my DDs (DD1 2.5, DD2 1.2yrs) well. My two have both had massively fat thighs so they fitted the BG well with no leaks from really young. My friends who have really like the fuzzis mostly have skinny-long babies (mine are short and fat, poor girls!) because the leg elastic adjustment was so good for them.

If you wanted to try a BG I'd go for the V4 with poppers, they stand the test of time so much better than the aplix/velcro ones do. I wish the popper BG were available when I bought my full set of V3, I've only got a few V4.

I don't think there is much between the leading brands of pocket nappy to be honest, I'd be hard pushed to say the BG were better than the fuzzis or the wonderoo etc, I think its just down to which one fits DC best and which one you prefer the look of. It is well worth trying a few though before you invest in a full set, even if you just pick up a few secondhand ones to save on money.

notcitrus Tue 16-Aug-11 09:47:22

Have a look on clothnappytree and other sites that sell second hand nappies - you could try some size 2 fuzzibunz and other nappies and re-sell afterwards.

Bumgenius worked well on skinny dn but chubby ds was better in fuzzibunz, blueberries and Kushies and Motherease.

AngelDog Wed 17-Aug-11 21:51:09

Definitely get them second hand - I've just bought lots of large for £4-6 per nappy (not always with inserts, mind).

Natural Mamas, The Nappy Site and the Used Nappy Company are other good places to look.

My DS is only 19 m.o. and has grown out of his size 1 and size 2 two-part nappies and is now on large Fuzzi Bunz. We thought about using disposables once he outgrew size 2 as we'd expected him to last till potty training in the size 2 nappies, but when we calculated the cost, it was still cheaper to use cloth, even when accounting for buying a third set of nappies.

It depends on how big your DD is though. DS has always been 98th - 99.6th centile for weight & height, and by 17 months he was too big for almost all birth to potty nappies.

hophophippidtyhop Mon 22-Aug-11 12:02:02

I've just bought some fuzzi one size, having used bg before. Personally, there's two reasons I'd go for the fuzzi, the poppers look better for longer as velcro goes tatty looking, and having had the elastic go loose on my bg (used on dd1, now using on dd2) at least with the one size you get spare elastic which is easy to change. If you might have another baby, I think the fuzzi one size would be better.

shuckleberryfinn Mon 22-Aug-11 13:30:39

I too am a fuzzibunz fan but what has surprised me is how well the 5 or 6 chinese import pocket nappies I bought are standing up. I'm surprisingly impressed with them and at 3 or 4 quid each they are a bargain and would fit the middle range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now