Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Qs: relative absorption of hemp, Mf etc? How many boosters for night-time? Flushable liner vs fleece for BF poo?

(10 Posts)
orchidee Wed 10-Aug-11 11:30:45

I just received some Little Lambs cloth nappies and would appreciate any tips on how to best use what I have or what else would work well alongside them. I have some questions...

(I'm using thiese on a 3 month old breast fed baby)

1- I have microfibre (MF) and hemp boosters. I know LL sell bamboo boosters too. Any thoughts on relative absorption of the different fabrics that are available?

2- How do you make up a night-time nappy and how long dooes it last?

3- are flushable or disposable liners any use for runny, bf poo or is fleece best?

thanks

anniemac Wed 10-Aug-11 12:09:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

curlykate99 Wed 10-Aug-11 17:17:17

I found this website really useful for comparing nappies/fabrics etc. New to reusables myself though so can't be any more help I'm afraid. You can always ask The Nappy Lady for tailored advice as well. HTH smile

orchidee Wed 10-Aug-11 19:55:18

Thanks for the tips, the cherries web page is really useful.

slackdan Thu 11-Aug-11 02:38:37

Loads of good info too at Hunnybums plus video guides.

We used them recently & found them very helpful.

Pingpong Tue 16-Aug-11 20:59:12

for breastfed poo I wouldn't bother with liners at all - all comes out in the wash! (cold rinse - hot wash)
I only use liners for more solid poos or if I have to use a cream on baby's bottom.
Little Lamb bamboo boosters are brilliant - they fit in virtually every type of nappy (not Ittis but virtually or close parent) but most pockets such as BG, Flip, Totsbots, Charlie Banana etc and
If you are struggling to get enough boosting into the nappy for night time use you can always add a booster between the nappy and the wrap.
Are you still feeding in the night (I assume you are ?) My routine at that age would be feed and clean nappy at 10pm and then another change at 2/3am/whenever they woke for next feed and then another change at 6/7am depending on feed time.

orchidee Wed 17-Aug-11 10:33:50

Thanks

If you are struggling to get enough boosting into the nappy for night time use you can always add a booster between the nappy and the wrap.
I hadn't thought of that - brilliant,
And yes, still nightfeeding

AngelDog Wed 17-Aug-11 21:59:06

Definitely fleece liners rather than disposable for a bf baby, unless you're doing EC and want them to feel wet. But no liners work fine.

The Nappy Lady does a good service IMO.

I always used microfibre during the day and something a bit more absorbant at night (cotton terry Motherease in our case). My Motherease would have lasted a whole night when DS was under about 9 months. Now I use a Motherease nappy with one extra Motherease booster between the nappy & wrap, which is fine for 11-12 hours. DS is 19 m.o. and a reasonably heavy wetter (and feeds to sleep and usually once in the night).

At that age I think I started just changing when the nappy was soiled.

orchidee Thu 18-Aug-11 14:34:06

In case anyone else is reading this - the fleece liners are working well and are so lovely to put against a baby's skin.

I'm intrigued by unless you're doing EC and want them to feel wet.
<off to do some searching on EC>

Thanks

AngelDog Thu 18-Aug-11 15:45:21

Try here. It's not as bonkers difficult as you'd think. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now