Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

BG v4 leaking why??

(5 Posts)
Honeymoonmummy Wed 03-Aug-11 22:24:13

Hi all,

I've just taken the reusable plunge for the first time and got a batch of 15 used BG v4 from eBay. I started using them yesterday with both inserts on my long skinny 4mo and they are wet at the legs, making his bodysuits wet around the legs, every time. Am I doing something wrong or have I bought some duff nappies? I do also have a couple of brand new v3's and the inner lining of the outer is very tacky on the used ones compared to the new. I try to fasten them so there isn't any gap at the leg but HR has reflux so I can't fasten them too tightly at the tummy. Please help!

Honeymoonmummy Wed 03-Aug-11 22:25:32

Should say bodysuits are damp round the crotch, not wet! Also I'm leaving them on for about 3 hrs and not overnight yet. He's not an overly heavy wetter.

sleeplessinderbyshire Wed 03-Aug-11 22:25:35

i often have leaks with BG4 - i think the inserts are not absorbant enough. we either change after 2 .5 hrs or add a hemp or terry booster whicg solves the problem

Honeymoonmummy Wed 03-Aug-11 22:42:13

So do you have the two inserts PLUS the booster? Does this go inside the nappy or just lie against the baby's skin? Where can I get them from?

sleeplessinderbyshire Wed 03-Aug-11 22:48:30

i buy my boosters from the nappy lady website. I wap the smaller booster for a terry/hemo and stuff them inside with the bigger microfibre. the other thing is if you are just getting damp crotches is how tight are his vests - you may find goijg for a bigger side vest stops this woicking effect. DD is almost 2 and has always been a very heavy wetter, she's now almost ready to potty train so holds on her wees for ages then pees a huge lake so I may not be totoally representative in my experiences

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now