Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cloth Nappies - In Canada

(7 Posts)
cookielove Mon 01-Aug-11 20:15:11

Hi i am wondering if any one can help, my sister is currently pregnant and living in Canada, she is dead set on using cloth nappies with her baby, i have had some experience of these working in a nursery, but to be honest could not tell her the best ones out there.

I have a couple questions:

1) When first born do you go straight to cloth, or for the first few days use disposables, as i heard that often people do use disposables but she adamant that she doesn't want to.

2) I know in certain counties in England you can use sample of cloth nappies to determine which ones you would like to use, is there anything like this in Canada.

3) What are the best, better cloth nappies out there, and are they available in Canada?

4) Would it be worth us buying some over here and taking them over when we visit?

TIA

cookielove Mon 01-Aug-11 20:56:29

Bump Bump de Bump!!

Cies Mon 01-Aug-11 21:05:45

I know that one of the leading "brands", Motherease, is Canadian, so will be available over there.

Other than that, can't help you... maybe if you post on the Living overseas topic for people living in Canada, they could point you in the right direction.

StewieGriffinsMom Mon 01-Aug-11 21:16:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Malvapoeding Mon 01-Aug-11 21:23:40

There is a company which is Montreal based called bummis who should be able to help them decide what is best for them, it will be difficult to buy here until she knows what works on her baby. Nappies that worked great for DD1 (all in ones) were okay on DD2 but 2 parters were better on her. She should be able to buy most makes over there and use them straight from the start, we did with DD2 her first nappy was a teeny tiny cloth nappy.

TuttoRhino Sat 06-Aug-11 23:27:50

Whereabouts does she live? There are a surprising amount of cloth nappy shops (or shops with cloth nappies) in big cities. Many offer a trial service so she can investigate that. I'm visiting Ottawa at the moment and there are two cloth nappy shops in town plus several others that sell at least one brand of cloth nappies.

Tots Bots, which is a popular brand in the UK, goes by Bummis in Canada.

All of the big American brands - Bumgenius, Fuzzybunz, etc are available in Canada both online and in shops. Ones I haven't seen yet are the Australian ones such as Itti Bitti - don't think they have a Canadian distributor yet.

cookielove Fri 12-Aug-11 17:06:58

Thank you for all your help, she has decided to go with motherease something, it has a name but can't remember what. Any who its an all in one in which you can put extra padding in. She seems quite happy with her choice but we shall see if she breaks ranks and goes else where when my nephew is born. smile can't wait

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now