Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bambino Mio reusables any good? Replies needed quickly due to ebay auction ending!

(12 Posts)

Benn looking on ebay for reusable nappies and found a decent sized bundle for pick up only in my local town. I know nothing about nappies, ideally I would have reasonably quick drying, reasonably simple to use nappies, but I have some flexibility on both of these, so mostly I care about absorption and quality. Are the following a good selection to start off with for £50?

Would really appreciate a quick comment on this - do you use them? What are they like?

12 bambino mio outers, 2, 6-11lbs, 7, 11-16lbs, 3, 16-21lbs, 1, 21-27lbs.....
8 bummies outers, 4 newborn, 3 small
5 kooshies outers, all 10-22lbs
5 nappy outer liner packs (some packs are used)
1 bambino mio back pack
1 bambino mio day bag
1 nappy bucket

swampster Sat 30-Jul-11 17:49:46

I found prefolds impossible to do right - leaky messes, loads of poo disasters. And piss everywhere. Others love them. I ended up using my Bambino Mios as floor cloths. Seven years on some are still going strong. I'm a big fan of new-fangled all in ones and pocket nappies.

Albrecht Sat 30-Jul-11 18:28:39

They also make good liners for your changing mat! They take an age to dry as well as being fiddly I found.

I also like the shaped varieties you can get ie it already looks like a nappy so a bit easier to get on.

Pre-folds are rather hard work and may put you off cloth altogether. I did use them but only liked them when I had lots more things in my arsenal.

Agree they last for ever, mine are also doing cleaning duty now.

Knowing how they last I would have thought all the outers and especially the kooshie ones will be buggered.

Have a look at Kittykins though I imagine things have moved in mightily, I haven't had one in cloth for 18 months now and haven't actually bought any nappies for far longer.

in = on, d'oh.

So confused! :-)
Am considering these now, as they come up in 14 mins...
10 White Re-Usable TotsBots Nappies - Used But Clean (slightly off white).

> 7 Various Coloured Re-Usable TotsBots Nappies - Nearly New, Worn Once.

> 2 Brand New Pink Motherease Wraps.

> 5 Various Coloured Nearly New Motherease Wraps.

> Air Tight Nappy Bucket.

> 2 Rolls Of Nappy Liners.

swampster Sat 30-Jul-11 22:58:51

How old is your baby, MakesCakes? Or are you in that glorious waiting-and-nesting phase?

MollieO Sat 30-Jul-11 23:09:04

I guess things have changed since ds stopped wearing pre-folds 4 years ago. I had Bambino Mio and back then they were one of the best available. They dried quickly on the area overnight. The all in ones took fforever. I tried Motherease but didn't think the fit was very good - ds was very skinny.

I folded a load of them with the liner ready to be used so didn't have any issues there. I also liked how you could do different types of folds depending if the nappy was for a girl or a boy (more nappy at the front for a boy).

MollieO Sat 30-Jul-11 23:10:27

area? I meant airer.

swampster Sat 30-Jul-11 23:14:04

I hated Bambino Mios seven-and-a-half years ago! Loved cotton Tots Bots. Five years ago I adored Bamboozles. And now I love Easyfits, Itti Bittis, Blueberies, Bedbugs...

I am definitely in the nesting stage! :-)

Thanks for your advice guys, am thinking of supplementing the TotsBots/Motherease buy (which I won for £44!) with some Terry cloths and other bits once I've had a go with those. Worst comes to the worst I can re-sell them on ebay.

I suppose I want to start getting things for the baby, but the in-laws are buying the big things (buggy, car seat etc) and since we don't know what it is yet I can't really buy clothes (I refuse to put my baby in beige and other than that gender neutral seems to be considered curse words in retail) so nappies was what I had left :-) I am ridiculously excited about them, considering they're nappies!

January seems a very long way away still...

pinkhebe Sun 31-Jul-11 09:45:39

I loved my bambino mios - but it was 8 years ago, and I had nothing to compare them too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now