Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How do I get terry nappies soft?

(5 Posts)

Other than "pop em in the drier" grin

Have been into attic and got down DD2's nappies (they're shaped mothercare terries and some flat terries) am "playing house" today so they're in the machine.

They are hard as a rock and really really rough so have put them in with calgon in the washing powder bit and vinegar in the fabric conditioner bit.

Don't have a drier so they can't go in there.

Any other ideas?

DrSeuss Fri 29-Jul-11 13:04:36

Vinegar in the wash as you did then air dry. Heat makes them go rougher, IMHO.

swampster Mon 01-Aug-11 17:26:25

Soda crystals in the wash and rinsing water.

PotPourri Tue 09-Aug-11 22:51:04

Shake them really hard when you hang them out. Like, crazy woman hard, and that makes them softer. Also, have discovered by accident (one winter) that freezing them makes them soft - I think it puffs up the fibres or something. And line drying with lots of wind but not alot of still heat makes them fluffier. And if all else fails, take them round to a friends who has a drier every now and again - which is what I do at my mums - it lasts a good few washes...

AnnieLobeseder Tue 09-Aug-11 22:53:04

Shake when you hang them out, and scrunch them when you take them in. Rough them up a bit, it works wonders.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now