Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy liners to blame for a sore botbot?

(6 Posts)
Joannezipan Fri 22-Jul-11 10:25:34

Hello, we had our first reusable nappy day this week as LO is now big enough, and it went well apart from a couple of leeks due to not doing them up tight enough. The only problem is he got a really sore bottom by the end of the day. I think it is probably the liners we got as they are quite stiff, papery and almost a bit shiny. A couple of times when I changes him the liner had almost stopped the wee getting through to the nappy and they had almost gone like greaseproof paper! So which liners would you recommend to go with his small fuzzi bunz nappies? I want something really soft I think. Also if we use fleece of fabric ones how do we dispose of the poo? DS is 5 weeks old and about 9 1/2 lb. Thanks in advance.

StoneBaby Fri 22-Jul-11 12:48:40

Paper liner do make my DS bum sore. If you use fleece, just dispose by shaking the liner above the loo.

I personally don't use a liner as the insert of his nappies are sufficient.

Hevster Fri 22-Jul-11 22:17:28

i use tots bots (spunlace i think) disposable, flushable liners at about £2.50 ish from either fill your pants or cheeks and cherries (both have free postage) they are very soft and I have washed and reused them (by mistake!)

TheWaterHorse Fri 05-Aug-11 22:09:28

This may be too late, but a few thoughts...

When we first started using washables with dd when she was a couple of weeks old, we didn't have enough that fitted to keep her in them full time. Switching between washable and disposable seemed to make her bum sore, as once we did go fully washable, the rash cleared up quickly.

Secondly, I find that paper liners can make her bum red. Agree that tots bots spun lace or fleece are better.

Finally, how are you feeding your LO? With bf poo, you can just chuck the nappy / liner straight in the machine with no need to try to get the poo off first. Not sure if ff poo is the same but hopefully someone else with experience can confirm. I wouldn't have thought it would be a massive difference...

flowerfairy Sun 07-Aug-11 19:04:19

Would vouch for fleece liners at this early stage, especially with bfed poo just bung 'em in the wash. When you start weaning you can hold the nappy under the flush of the toilet too to rinse off the poo, but DO make sure you have a good grip on the nappy a few people have told me they have flushed a whole nappy down the loo, oops. Also remember that you will probably find you need to change nappies more regularly than disposies. HTH

happymum2be1 Mon 08-Aug-11 23:17:26

We've been using tots bots liners with bumgenius nappies with our DS for the last 4ish weeks. No problems so far! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now