Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Hemp or bamboo boosters - which is better?

(7 Posts)
CaringForPod Tue 19-Jul-11 08:22:17

From other mums' experience, which is better absorbency wise; hemp or bamboo? I need to get some for my bumgenius v4s...

ImpyCelyn Tue 19-Jul-11 09:32:57

My hemp ones are fab, got them from easy peasy.

CaringForPod Tue 19-Jul-11 13:43:09

Thanks, are they better than a toweling booster? At the moment I'm putting the newborn insert on top of the adjustable one with poppers.

MrsGogginsShawl Tue 19-Jul-11 14:31:56

Hemp is more absorbent than bamboo I have found, take longer to dry though too. Its much more absorbent than regular terry towelling.

ImpyCelyn Tue 19-Jul-11 14:39:19

Yes, much better than towelling!

I generally put one under a microfibre insert, as they can be a bit slow on the uptake. So the microfibre does rapid absorption, and then the hemp does the long term, large quantity absorption.

DS is a massive wee-er, and if I put microfibre and hemp in a pocket it lasts 3-4 hours easy (soaked when I take them out though).

They do take a long time to dry, I need to get more.

I think I actually bought mine from Amazon, who charge less for postage than buying direct.

CaringForPod Wed 20-Jul-11 08:22:38

Thanks all. I actually live really near easy peasy, so can hopefully bypass delivery costs!

I put two microfibre ones in our son's flip nappy last night, which did the trick but as he gets bigger I won't be able to fit in in - he ended up with a massive bum!

How long do the hemp ones take to dry? Will one per nappy be enough, or should I double up, do you think?

Thanks for all your advice

ImpyCelyn Wed 20-Jul-11 09:23:55

You can get really thin microfibres. Lidl sell 3 microfibre cleaning cloths for £1 ish. Fold in thirds and it's tiny. One of those and one hemp per nappy works fine for me. Mine take at least a day to dry, but that's on an indoor airer, probably less if you can get them outside, or on a rad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now