Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Whiffy itti bittis

(4 Posts)
Spagbolagain Mon 18-Jul-11 20:55:42

I use itti bitti dlish and love them. I have noticed that the top layer insert (I think it's bamboo and polyester) have a slight ammonia smell. They also sometimes come out with a smudge of cream still on them.

I use liners, wash usually at 40 with the occasional 60, using a non bio powder. Sometimes bung in some napisan too. I have heard of strip washing, is that what I need, if so how?

Nappies have been used for about 18months, hoping to use on next baby too!

Thanks

PurpleCrazyHorse Sat 23-Jul-11 20:26:07

What cream are you using, lots aren't suitable for washable nappies? A washable nappy genius will advise, I'm sure.

I've switched to bio and make sure I put plenty of liquid in, plus a long wash cycle. I heard that a cold rinse first can help too. Ours sometimes smell still, straight after washing so I figured they weren't getting clean. Doing the above, sorted ours out.

bran Sat 23-Jul-11 20:31:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

QueenOfFeckingEverything Sat 23-Jul-11 20:38:29

YY don't use cream unless its specified as ok to use on cloth nappies

Are you doing a cold rinse before washing? This helps to cut down on lingering wee smells. And you should only use around 1/4 to 1/3 of the usual amount of powder/liquid, as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now