Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

using vinegar when strip washing BG

(7 Posts)
sleepywombat Mon 18-Jul-11 00:39:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nannyl Mon 18-Jul-11 09:02:11

can you wash them... and keep rinsing until there are no traces of bubbles at all in the machine?
maybe 4 or 5 rinse cycles to just rinse the excess detergent out (which is what will be making them smell?)

I wonder if a sanitiser such as napisan will help? perhaps someone else who knows will advise for or against it smile

Or maybe try a biological detergent?

nannyl Mon 18-Jul-11 09:02:49

just to add, if you use a biological detergent, then rinse rinse rinse rinse etc until no trace of any detergent!

sleepywombat Mon 18-Jul-11 11:50:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Purplebuns Mon 18-Jul-11 14:39:25

I found washing up liquid has worked wonders for me, a small squirt in the drum and wash, then rinse like crazy smile

nannyl Mon 18-Jul-11 15:02:27

No idea whats best, but if it were me trying it, and nappies could take it id do 60 then rinse rinse rinse etc smile

good luck and let us know how it goes

TribbleWithoutACause Mon 18-Jul-11 21:03:19

I've used the dishwasher tablet method and that worked wonders for us, basically chuck a tablet in the drum, wash and then rinse etc etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now