Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Recommendations for non bulky cloth nappy?

(10 Posts)
bluemousemummy Sun 17-Jul-11 11:30:21

Need some advice. I have used Little Lamb nappies for both ds1 and ds2 and have tried the cotton, bamboo and microfibre ones. The trouble I have had both times is that once my ds's got to around 12-18 months old and started wearing proper trousers, I would really struggle to fit them over the nappy and for that reason I ended up switching to disposables unless they were wearing joggers or baggy shorts.

I would really like to be able to use cloth for a bit longer this time. Can anyone suggest a less bulky, more slimline cloth nappy? Are old fashioned terries slimmer? Or do I need a prefold like Bambino Mio do you think?

Suggestions please!! smile

fraktious Sun 17-Jul-11 11:42:43

What about BumGenius Flips? They're pretty slim.

nannyl Sun 17-Jul-11 17:59:45

Noooo Not a prefold.... they are not nearly as good as the ones you have been using, you WILL be disappointed.

Was going to suggest bumgenius? Or pop-ins?

I have tots bamboozles which are quite slim..... but not sure if they will be slimmer than little lambs bamboo as have not actually used them

I have size 1 cotton little lambs and size 2 cotton tots (which seem same as little lambs) and bamboo tots, and the bamboo tots do seem to me to be much slimmer than their cotten equivelent
smile

ThePetiteMummy Sun 17-Jul-11 20:57:34

Itti Bittis are very slim, and the colours are nearly all unisex too. I use the Snap in One in a size medium on dd, 16 months, but she's pretty tiny, so you might get away with going straight into large if you're starting using them at 12-18 months. I find them far more absorbent than Bumgenius, which we used prior to discovering Ittis, but they do take quite a few washes to reach maximum absorbency.

bluemousemummy Mon 18-Jul-11 21:08:24

Thanks guys! Will have a look at these. I think the Little Lamb bamboo ones are pretty slim, but just not slim enough for my tubby little chaps it would seem! smile

MrsGWay Mon 18-Jul-11 21:11:03

TotsBots Easyfit, cheap at Tesco.

bluemousemummy Sat 23-Jul-11 19:12:35

Well. I got a itti bitti snap in one, have to say, was a bit disappointed. It was really digging in around ds2's thighs and left marks. Also took ages to dry, and didn't like the low rise. Looks lovely, but probably not worth the money - might be ok on a baby up to 12-15 months but not for a 2 year old. sad cos they are lovely to look at!!

might try the totsbots next! confused

Pingpong Sat 23-Jul-11 20:28:20

Totsbots easyfit v2 are slim fitting so are bambooty AIO.
I also find Flips quite slim as there is no extra nappy around the side/hips to bulk it up.
Fitteds are usually pretty bulky IMO although Bamboozle stretch isn't too bad ( I use it at night though) and pockets/AIO in the daytime.

RitaMorgan Sat 23-Jul-11 20:30:55

Which size Itti Bitti did you get? I use them for my 11 month old and love them, but he is quite slim. I do tumble dry the inners though.

Hevster Sat 23-Jul-11 21:05:50

I got 2 smartipants last week and they are the slimmest I have tried, I mostly use itti's (in large at 8 months) but have a couple of bumgenius and totsbots easyfits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now