Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

recommend me a wetbag for nursery

(9 Posts)
MamaChocoholic Sat 16-Jul-11 19:58:02

I need a wetbag (or three) for nursery. it needs to hold a full day's (8-6) nappies for 1yo twins, ie 12+ nappies. I reckon I need to buy 3 in case I get slack with the washing machine. I care a lot about: accommodating the nappies, containing any smells, that the wetbag is washable and still usable. I don't give a damn what it looks like smile

within those parameters, I want to spend as little as possible.

recommendations, please?

PurpleCrazyHorse Sat 16-Jul-11 23:30:47

We got one of these in the regular size. It's still going strong a year after buying it and it doesn't smell, washes well and the zipper still works. I would avoid drawstring (which is what we replaced with the bag above). You can't tumble dry it though as it's got a plasticy lining to keep wetness in.

Pingpong Thu 21-Jul-11 21:25:05

XL Monkey Foot Design wetbag - not that cheap but very well made and will definitely keep the smells in and easy to shove in the machine with the nappies. I use them at home instead of a bucket and it works well and means I can take them away with me for holidays too.

StoneBaby Fri 22-Jul-11 12:51:33

I use those ones at nursery. I have 2 and they contain easily 6-7 bumgenius. I only give nursery 3 nappies a day.

MamaChocoholic Fri 22-Jul-11 16:10:08

you use a mesh at nursery StoneBaby? doesn't that, um, pong a little? grin

Smac I keep hearing good things about Monkey Foot. I may have to just buy two of these and make sure I keep up with the washing. I suppose they dry pretty quick, right? :hopeful:

Pingpong Fri 22-Jul-11 21:46:37

mmmm they don't air dry that quickly but they can be tumbled on low I think - I never tumble anything but I've got 3 XL ! I haven't tried the Rumparooz bags but they are a bit cheaper and are just one PUL layer so would dry quicker I think but still hold enough for your requirements.

StoneBaby Sat 23-Jul-11 13:06:30

Doh, sorry wrong bags!!! I use those

MamaChocoholic Sat 23-Jul-11 14:14:37

ah! makes more sense smile

better price than the monkey foots. does the drawstring work ok after a washing machine? only I got a similar smaller little lambs bag, and after I put it through a wash the PUL wouldn't slide nicely over the drawstring anymore, so I couldn't close the bag.

StoneBaby Sun 24-Jul-11 18:38:51

The string still works fine after 18 months of use/ wash. I have no complain with it since I bought them 18 months ago.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: