Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

bum genius on a ten day old

(4 Posts)
cara2244 Sat 09-Jul-11 09:07:34

I have just switched my ten day old daughter into bum genius as I am sick of the pampers leaking. A couple of qs....would you use one newborn insert at this age? SHe is small, 6lb. With my son, I put him in them at four weeks and he went straight into to clipped pads.

BernadetteRostenkowski Sat 09-Jul-11 13:16:48

I would start off with the newborn insert only, I found the poppered pads too bulky for quite a while with my second and she was nearly 8lbs at birth so bigger than your DD.

You can try folding up a muslin square and putting that in. Probably more absorbent that just the newborn insert but less bulky maybe?

cara2244 Sat 09-Jul-11 15:43:38

Great idea, thanks. She soaked a newborn pad earlier in a couple of hours so I think a muslin would help.

StoneBaby Sat 16-Jul-11 19:37:38

My DS went on the newborn insert from 8 weeks old (very slim legs). Maybe use 2 baby inserts as they'll be less bulky then one popper one?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now