Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Please help me choose a reusable

(10 Posts)
otchayaniye Tue 05-Jul-11 07:38:14

Time is ticking for number 2 and I want to use reusables (mostly) but I'm finding the

I'd have used them for number 1 but was overseas and they weren't available there and by the time I'd moved back to the UK

I have a small flat, no tumble dryer and don't want to soak in fluid. Ideally I'd like to use from birth to 2.

Other than that, looking for something soft (bamboo?), that will dry fairly quickly, that has built in securing (like velcro) and is easy to use -- like has those little pads you can throw away.

I am happy to buy second hand - don't mind really. Any tips on where to buy appreciated.

many, many thanks. I don't have all the time in the world to research this so would like to hear real life opinion.

Cheers.

otchayaniye Tue 05-Jul-11 07:44:09

Oh, if it is an issue, I am having a girl, she's not likely to be huge (my first was a tiddler) so legs need to be snug.

Thanks again

MissTinaTeaspoon Tue 05-Jul-11 07:47:54

I used bamboo ones from little lambs. It is very soft but takes forever to dry - a day outside or 2 inside and they were only ever really soft if I chucked them in the tumble dryer for 10 minutes to finish the drying, so might not suit you.

MissTinaTeaspoon Tue 05-Jul-11 07:48:22

I never soaked them though

effingwotnots Tue 05-Jul-11 07:52:22

I would suggest bumgenius pocket nappies if you have no dryer. They take no time and are probably the most reliable nappies I have.

otchayaniye Tue 05-Jul-11 09:17:03

you stars - thanks. Given that this child will be a tiddler, might start off on tiny disposables and get a trial kit including those ones you both mention

Anyone know a good site to try?

MissTinaTeaspoon Tue 05-Jul-11 09:22:17

Have you checked your local council website? Some councils run trial schemes, mine did smile

effingwotnots Tue 05-Jul-11 09:25:31

i get mine from cheeks & cherries website. They are brill. And I've just thought, Tots bots do teenyfits which are great for teeny weeny babies!

effingwotnots Tue 05-Jul-11 09:27:29

oh, and if you "like" cheeks and cherries on FB then there is also some great advice on there.

mumum29 Sun 10-Jul-11 11:36:28

If you want fast drying nappies stay away from bamboo - I made that mistake!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now