Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Terry nappies no match for DD's gastric pyrotechnics...

(5 Posts)
Needle Mon 27-Jun-11 21:48:40

Hi all,

I was hoping to pick your brains; my DD (11m) has been in terry nappies (usually a batwing or origami fold) from birth, but has always had a slightly explosive digestive system, so there's always been an element of leaking. Just recently though, it's getting ridiculous and two or three times per day I'm having to change her clothes and whatever she's been sitting on.

My quandry is that I can't work out whether the problem is
a) the Nappy- is the fold wrong? I make it as tight as I can around the legs, but it doesn't seem to work.
b) the wrap- I've just been using plain Boots' plastic pants, or knitted soakers, but perhaps it's time to shell out for some proper wraps?
c) the poo (gross, I know, but please bear with me) Given that she's 11m old, should her movements be more solid now? Perhaps she's getting too much fruit in her diet and it's keeping her a bit squitty?

I'd be so grateful for any advice anyone can offer.
Thank you!

letsblowthistacostand Tue 28-Jun-11 12:17:18

a)fold is fine.

b)yes the wrap is the problem. Try motherease airflow/rikki or Imse Vimse soft wraps (my all-time fave) for good containment.

c)some babies are just like that. At least you'll never have problems with constipation.

Needle Tue 28-Jun-11 20:29:18

Thank you for your advice- I've ordered a selection of wraps and will see which ones I get on with. I guess I can just hope the next one isn't quite so volcanic!

peachybums Tue 28-Jun-11 21:25:25

a) Nappy is fine i use this fold still on my 13 mth old DD2 no probs

b) Wrap is wrong try mother ease or little lamb for terries

c) Fruit does make them more regular but at that age its normal for their poo to go from one extreme to the other lol

Try a booster too maybe if poo is runnier??

Needle Wed 29-Jun-11 19:33:48

Thanks for this peachybums- i guess my concern is that DD doesn't go from one extreme to the other, she's just like this all the time! My new wraps arrived today, I ordered one each of Motherease Rikki/ Airflow and one Thirsties duo snap. The Airflow one doesn't seem to have the snug, adjustable fit of the others, but the real test will be how the nappy survives the night, I suppose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now