Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Little Lamb Wraps

(16 Posts)
PukeyRag Sun 26-Jun-11 16:11:41

So i've decided to use reusable nappies, and thought the little lamb ones looked great, I ordered a trial kit of the bamboo one to see what I thought before I go spending loads on them.

What are your opinions on them? Are they any good? smile

PukeyRag Sun 26-Jun-11 18:30:06

Are they really that bad? wink

MamaChocoholic Sun 26-Jun-11 18:43:02

I love LL. fit my chunky thighed dt1 and skinny bummed dt2 (on whom disposables invariably leak). I use cotton nappies with a bamboo booster to give maximum absorbancy and minimise drying times. am not looking forward to going up to size 2 when the booster insert comes sewn in, which will prevent me doing the cotton/bamboo combo.

they also used to do the best paper liners I could find, but they have "improved" them recently, and they are now smaller and so soft and smooth that they don't stay in place any more. but that's a whole other thread grin

hope you like the LL.

PukeyRag Sun 26-Jun-11 18:48:12

Oooh I like the idea of the combo smile

Shame about the liners though, apart from that they sound great (this is a first for me so haven't really got a clue where to start haha)

Thanks smile

rocketleaf Sun 26-Jun-11 20:17:33

I have just started using mine on my 5 week old. I have the microfibre ones for day time (fast drying as we dont have a tumble dryer) and cotton terry for nights (more absorbant) I bought Thirsties wraps to go over them as they were more funky than the motherease ones that were recommended to me or the LL ones.

They are working well so far although don't have anything to compare to. The fits really good imo although I do worry she is getting a bit over heated in this weather.

MissTinaTeaspoon Sun 26-Jun-11 20:22:56

I used these but dd is 3 now so it's been a while! I used bamboo ones with fleece liners and the little lamb wraps. They are really good value compared to other brands, I think we paid £150 for a pack of 15 of each size, wraps, liners and buckets.

My only issue is the length of time they take to dry and if I didn't tumble dry them for 10 mins after coming off the line they felt a bit hard. If I ever have another I will use them again.

MissTinaTeaspoon Sun 26-Jun-11 20:25:13

Oh, and once she got a bit older they leaked if we used them overnight so we had to use disposables.

greensnail Sun 26-Jun-11 20:29:09

I love little lambs nappies but couldn't get on with their wraps with either of my girls (one chubby and one skinny). The nappies fitted them both perfectly though and never leak so long as I use a decent wrap. Very good value too.

Pingpong Mon 27-Jun-11 21:21:26

I love the nappies but I'm not wild on the wraps TBH. For reliability motherease rikki are the best but won't win any beauty awards!
For size 2 I prefer the bamboozle stretch and the booster is poppered so you can take it out if you want grin

rocketleaf Tue 28-Jun-11 09:13:07

these are the wraps I use at the moment. IMO as good as the motherease (I have one that I got as part of a trial) and much cuter. But dd is only 5 weeks so I don't know how long they will last or how they will grow with her but so far I've had no leaks.

MamaChocoholic Tue 28-Jun-11 12:58:00

do you find the poppers as adjustable as velcro rocketleaf? thinking we may need to move to poppers as the dts like undoing velcro, but don't want to lose a tight fit

PukeyRag Tue 28-Jun-11 15:05:17

Thanks everyone, tried it out today but it was only on her for 5 minutes! Got to wash and try again, but it seems quite good, not sure about the wrap though, I think I might get some of the wraps that rocketleaf uses smile

P.s. I did mean the nappies AND wraps - sorry for any confusion!

rocketleaf Tue 28-Jun-11 21:06:47

I have mostly poppers and one applix. I bought the poppers for just that reason mamachoc (thinking ahead!) and yes they seem fine, very adjustable and comparable to the applix. I've had no leaks so far and they fit quite tightly. The only problem I can forsee is that they might not be big enough, I am already on the middle poppers and she's only 8.5 lb because the little lambs are quite bulky underneath. I'll just have to see what happens when she grows.

I can't recommend the microtones LLs enough if you are short on drying space. They come out of the wash almost dry and only beef an hour on the airer or ten mins on the line on a warm day.

rocketleaf Tue 28-Jun-11 21:08:14

microtones microfibre. Damn spell check.

peachybums Tue 28-Jun-11 21:22:32

I have some bright coloured little lamb wraps from babybots (one lilac one red if anyones interested lol) and i think they are fab! So stretchy and the leg cuffs are great for containing any leakages. Were good for DD2 with skinny legs and are still good now shes chubbed up smile I found them better than motherease as they stretched a bit more.

kiteflying Wed 29-Jun-11 11:39:12

I used these three years ago and thought they were top nappies for a newborn, and the wraps were as good as motherease, gusseted and soft and stretchy. My bub started to wee through the cotton nappies at three months, so if I got them again I would try the bamboo, or the cotton with a bamboo booster. Really good value nappies if you are using them from newborn onwards as I did.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now