Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which wraps?

(8 Posts)
violetwellies Thu 23-Jun-11 11:37:51

I have been given a number of real nappies for ds (5 weeks) he is quite skinny, there are no wraps, they are mainly Tots Bots size 1, which wraps should I be getting? We started off with mother care pocket newborn, the widdle just ran out of the leg holes or up his back sad so have been using disposables, size 1, would love to get him back into re usables. smile

LawrieMarlow Thu 23-Jun-11 11:40:42

I would suggest motherease rikki wraps (the ones with velcro to fasten them). Although my reusable nappy knowledge is about 5 years old so things may have changed grin. Then, tots bots wraps weren't great.

peachybums Thu 23-Jun-11 11:45:11

Motherease rikki are good for bigger babies but ive never used them on a smaller baby.

My DD2 had skinny legs and she used a mix of tots bots and nature babies size 1 which i never had any probs with. Now shes a bit bigger she uses little lamb wraps and nature babies, should be into the motherease size 3s soon which i saved from DD1. Little lamb ones are quite stretchy so i should think theyd be good on little legs too.

QueenofDreams Thu 23-Jun-11 11:46:58

Motherease Rikki or Airflow. THey're the best wraps around. Sadly they're not the cutest on the market though.

Barbeasty Fri 24-Jun-11 11:52:04

Motherease airflow are great. If you go for poppers rather than Velcro then it's far harder for babies to undo themselves. I think we've only had about 4 leaks with them, and that was down to the way I folded a terry. They work brilliantly with tots bots.

I don't find the tots bots wraps as good, but they were 2nd hand and I think the new ones may have a slightly different design.

violetwellies Sat 25-Jun-11 20:21:35

Thank-you, will see what Ebay has to offer smile

AngelDog Tue 28-Jun-11 23:37:42

I agree with Motherease Airflow. You can adjust the waist/leg separately whereas with a velcro wrap you kind of adjust the two together. It's really handy if you have a stage where your LO is chubby in the leg but slim in the waist. Plus velcro sticks to things in the wash and snags the binding. By 6 months DS was pulling apart velcro nappy wraps. hmm

I've used Tots Bots wraps too and they were okay, but IME they don't fit over as many different types of nappies as the Motherease ones do.

Motherease wraps have good resale value too.

violetwellies Sat 30-Jul-11 15:33:26

Bought a selection - Motherease, Nature Babies & 2 differeent Isme Vimse. The NB is best atm, followed by the IV fox fiber, I'm hopeful we will use the others as he gets bigger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now