Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is it worth buying size 3 cloth nappies?

(5 Posts)
AngelDog Wed 15-Jun-11 22:01:08

DS is 18 months and will be very soon too big for his existing nappies (MEOS and Bambinex Teddies). He's 98th centile for height & weight, weighs about 32lbs and has a pot belly & chubby legs. grin

DH has been asking whether it's worth buying size 3 nappies & XL wraps or whether it'd be cheaper to go disposable sad.

I doubt DS will be ready for potty training for a good while yet. We do EC and he'll usually tell me when he does a wee / poo while he's nappy free, but only after the fact, not beforehand. He doesn't actually 'perform' in the potty though.

Am I likely to get my money's worth given that if we have a second DC they may not even need size 3 nappies? (DS is big, but neither DH nor I are particularly big or tall: both 5'7ish average build.)

AngelDog Wed 15-Jun-11 22:29:09

And how often do you change disposables? At the moment I change every time I know DS has done a wee, or every couple of ours. Would you do the same with a disposable?

nannyl Thu 16-Jun-11 18:15:40

id say they are worth it.

even when potty trained he may need a night nappy for a few more years...

you can always sell them on later too

peachybums Fri 17-Jun-11 19:28:40

Was going to say you can still use them for night time. Mine all wernt sitting on the potty until they were almost 3 and DD1 wasnt dry on a night until she was 3 1/2 (DS was really good and went dry day and night at same time but this is VERY RARE lol) so the size 3s have come in handy, DD2 is really lazy so im guessing shell be the same as DD1 so im glad i kept them.

You could also re-sell them when you are done and spend the money on undies smile

AngelDog Fri 17-Jun-11 21:16:31

Thanks, both - I think I've managed to persuade DH that cloth will be worth it.

Now I just need to find some quick drying ones. Ideally I'd get microfibre, but AFAIK they don't exist in size three. hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now