Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Other uses for Nappy Soak? First time of using MN so not sure if this is the right place to ask!

(5 Posts)
Tonkyk Tue 14-Jun-11 10:41:27

Hello, I have five boxes of nappy soak left (PHP) and was wondering if there are any other uses for it around the house; for example washing the floor with it? Can anyone help?

imadgeine Tue 14-Jun-11 13:46:40

If it is bleach based (sodium hypochlorite) you could use it as a toilet cleaner. Or anywhere else you want to kill germs.
Soaking dingy white cotton items.
Just don't use it on your coloured wash and remember it is not kind to your hands.
I use Vanish Oxy-action to clean pans. It will chomp its way through anything. I think it is peroxide based.
Enzyme based "bio" products will also clean those burnt on egg pans etc

Tonkyk Tue 14-Jun-11 18:48:39

Thank you very much. I hadn't thought about the toilet and yes it is a good idea for my whites. Many thanks, Kath

Tchaikovsky Thu 16-Jun-11 07:54:02

I use it to soak anything that's stained - it's great for red wine stains;) Just soak for 24 hours

WowOoo Thu 16-Jun-11 07:56:30

Shove it in the sink with cloths at the end of the day. Sparkling sink and stain and germ free cloths in the morning.

Washing the floor would be great too. Do you want to come and do mine seeing as you have so much of the stuff?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now