Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

All in one nappies - erm, is the clue in the name? Silly question from a rookie cloth user

(6 Posts)
minimuffin Sat 11-Jun-11 17:02:47

DS is 4 weeks old. Have been using Totsbots Flexitots and a couple of their shaped cotton ones. Pretty happy with them but the wraps - some totsbots and a couple of motherease - seem enormous. I realise he is still really tiny and they will probably stop dwarfing him when he gets bigger, but I have been idly looking at Itti Bitti, Blueberry etc. Do these nappies not need a wrap? Do you literally whack a liner in, put them on and you're done? I can't seem to get the answer to this on any of the cloth nappy websites I've been on. Or would I still need a wrap?

ThePetiteMummy Sat 11-Jun-11 17:16:25

Hi, and congrats on your ds! I'm not familiar with Blueberries, but Ittis don't need a wrap, so you can appreciate them in all their fluffy glory! We only started using them post weaning, so can't comment on their containment of newborn poo, but they are exceptionally absorbent (but do take quite a few washes to reach this). Hope that helps! smile

Hevster Sat 11-Jun-11 20:29:16

the itti bitti aio and sio don't need wraps and we used them from 4 weeks, formula fed not bf and didn't have any containment issues

Pingpong Sat 11-Jun-11 23:01:36

totsbots easyfits v2 are all in ones and they are one of the slimmest on the market. Yes an all in one is what it says and you don't need a wrap. They are like a pocket nappy but instead of taking the bits out it is all in one piece, they are generally quite trim but the downside is they take a bit longer to dry because they are all one piece. To complicate matters you now get All in twos as well or Snap in One which means instead of stuffing a pocket you snap bits into place. Itti do a Snap in one (SIO) and an AIO and close parent do an AI2

minimuffin Mon 13-Jun-11 18:01:11

Thanks ladies - have ordered an itti bitti and an easyfit to try!

peachybums Mon 13-Jun-11 21:35:11

Blueberries dont need a wrap but they are huge on tiny babies haha. Ittis are a nice trim fit though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now