Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Leaking nappy

(7 Posts)
Justtrying Fri 10-Jun-11 11:11:18

Put my DD in cloth the first time yesterday, 11 days old 7lb 7oz, had an explosive poo, think even a disposable would have leaked, but she was wearing a babinex teddy microfibre with a tots bots size zero wrap. I can't get the wraps tightish around her legs does she need to grow a bit, or are there better wraps, she's currently in a motherease wrap but this doesn't fit any better around the thigh.
Also having dry pailed and washed with fairy non bio both the fleece liner and the wrap are still stained, soaking in nappy soak as we speak, any tips?

Thanks from a new mum.

silkenladder Sat 11-Jun-11 06:56:38

Does the wrap have velcro or poppers? Velcro fastening usually makes it easier to adjust for thigh size.

Newborn babies often have very thin limbs, but these "chub up" after a few weeks. If it's too messy in the meantime, it's probably worth using disposables, unless you know a friend with a different type of cloth nappy you could try out.

Justtrying Sat 11-Jun-11 07:46:13

silken thanks, it's velcro, i think she just needs to fill out a bit, had her in an itti bitti delish as well as a baboozle bamboo yesterday these were better, think its trial and error til she's a bit bigger have got a couple of bumgenius but these are too big for now, generally love the babinex teddies as they are so soft, just need her thighs to fill out for the wraps, a motherease wrap was better yesterday.

shuckleberryfinn Sat 11-Jun-11 11:26:11

sunlight gets the stains out far better than anything else. Its amazing!

Pingpong Sat 11-Jun-11 23:12:55

cold rinse, hot wash and sunshine if available smile
My babies have been large so can't really help with a skinny shrimp but guaranteed if the cloth leaked then a disposable would have too!
Teenyfits by Totsbots and Lil Joeys by Rumparooz are supposed to be good for wee ones. You often see them on pre-loved boards as they don't fit for long so soon get traded in. Also Bumgenius do an XS AIO which is supposed to be good as well.
Rumparooz have a 'poo fence' which is pretty good at keeping the explosive ones in!

peachybums Mon 13-Jun-11 21:39:53

My baba had skinny legs and she chubbed up aqfter a few months lol, we had same problems but shes ok now.
Ive also heard fairy non bio is the worst for cloth nappies and it more or less useless id try a different brand. Ive always used bio powder on mine and it seems to do the trick, most of my cloth nappy friends use bio too and it seems to be better. For stains if i have any i tend to leave them in the rain or in bright sunshine, both works well and rain water softens them too!

needahouserightnow Wed 22-Jun-11 20:45:52

best wraps for teenies are tinyeco or motherease depending on whether you like gussets or not. Another option, which may or may not suit you is to lay baby on a prefold so any leaks are caught till the legs chub up. Congratulations by the way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now