Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

water spray for nappy changing

(8 Posts)
jamest Thu 02-Jun-11 11:56:35

has anyone come across a can of organic nappy change water in a spray, similar to the cans of water you can get to mist your face. I used them 5 years ago with my second instead of top and tail bowl and they were genius but cant find them online this time around. It might have been from an Irish company. I biught it at the Baby Show Olympia

mackerella Thu 02-Jun-11 13:48:41

Hi, I've never seen these on sale, but I use a homemade wipes solution with my washable wipes/plain cotton wool. It's a mixture of water, oil (I've variously used sunflower oil, sweet almond oil and rice bran oil), a drop of tea tree essential oil and a tiny squirt of baby bath stuff. I put it all into an empty liquid soap dispenser and just squirt it onto the wipes as I need to use them. It works brilliantly at getting sticky poo off and keeps DS's bottom soft and free from nappy rash. You have to shake it up before dispensing, in order to emulsify the oil and water a bit, but it's otherwise excellent. It's cheap and refillable, too smile

RantAboutToStart Thu 02-Jun-11 14:45:16

Is this it? www.friendlybaby.co.uk/skincare/outandaboutspray.html

jamest Thu 02-Jun-11 15:14:09

Thanks RantAboutToStart that was't the one but it will do nicely. The other was like an Evian water spray can but only water so great for newborns. Thanks for the recipe mackerella I think I will try and make some too as it will be loads cheaper.

Thanks ladies

Wallace Thu 02-Jun-11 15:30:02

mackerella - fantastic idea! I use washable wipes and have always thought there must be an easier way than having to go and run them under the tap!

mackerella Thu 02-Jun-11 22:39:33

I got the idea online somewhere, maybe from here or here (sorry, I can't remember exactly). I reused a plastic soap dispenser (just a bog-standard thing from the supermarket) - you have to wash it out really well but then it's fine. I fill it about 80% full of water and add maybe a tablespoon of carrier oil, one drop of tea tree oil and a small squirt of bubble bath (Johnson's-type stuff). It works really well. To be fair, I haven't dared take this out and about - it only lives on our changing table. I worry that it might leak in the changing bag. So I use disposable wipes when outside the house shock

Cumbrianlass2 Thu 02-Jun-11 23:47:16

Superdrug and Boots (larger stores usually) both do travel size empty pump spray bottles which are great for filling up with solution and taking out in change bag for wipes solution. As they are designed to be used when travelling they shouldnt leak. www.boots.com/en/Boots-Travel-Spray-Bottle-100ml_1035296/

frakyouveryverymuch Fri 03-Jun-11 05:11:49

I use sprayed wipes and keep them in a wet bag. Or a ziplock freezer bag!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: