Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bumgenius leaking through the seams

(6 Posts)
Dannythedragon Sat 28-May-11 18:47:49

My Bumgenius nappies are currently leaking through the seams. Has anyone else had this? They didn't do this on my other child. Sometimes they leak through in an hour which is ridiculous. They were only used for 1yr before. The nappies are line dried.
Thanks

mummynutter Tue 31-May-11 21:51:03

can you see any damage to the inner layer of pul?

Dannythedragon Wed 01-Jun-11 06:47:32

No I can't see any damage and they are all doing it (well all 7 that I have).

shuckleberryfinn Wed 01-Jun-11 15:55:14

does your child have skinny thighs? Sounds daft I know but I have the same problem and it seems they are just a little loose round the thighs.

Cumbrianlass2 Thu 02-Jun-11 23:59:33

I would try a couple of quick fixes and hope one of them sorts it. First of all wash them in machine with a dishwasher tablet and then give them a couple of rinses to get it out. This is the quickest way to strip wash PUL and microfibre (dont use for bamboo). If you have really bad build up it wont always shift it but usually it will. Then try tumbling your dry outers for 10 mins on hot. This can seal any holes etc in the PUL liner.

However, if you are using them on a second baby it may well be the leg elastic. When I used my BGs for my DS after DD has worn them the leg elastic had streched as DD had grown and was fairly loose. Is pretty easy to replace. www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490456&referrerid=37336. Baba Me (European distributor) now sell BG repair kits for £1 which includes new velcro and elastic. If it is just the elastic you want to do though can just buy it from most haberdashery etc.

Dannythedragon Fri 03-Jun-11 18:03:53

Its not the elastic or skinny legs as its actually leaking through the seams. I can see the wetness spread from the seam. I shall try Cumbrianlass2's suggestions.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: