Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Which own brand disposable nappies to use?

(9 Posts)
TheRealDarkMavis Mon 23-May-11 15:21:06

Hello

I don't often come onto this topic so sorry if i'm asking something obvious etc!!

Trying to save myself a few pennies each week - am wondering about trying a supermarket's own brand of disposable nappies (eg, tesco, sainsbury's etc). Currently using pampers size 3.

Can anyone tell me if they have any experience of own brand nappies please? Are they worth it, or should i stick with paying more for the pampers?

Many thanks for your help.

Yeni Mon 23-May-11 15:58:00

Lidl and Aldi are great. Somebody once kindly gave me a left over pack of Pampers and I didn't think they were nearly as good as the own brands. Tesco and Asda are also good, but not as cheap as Lidl or Aldi. I don't think I have tried Sainsbury's.

MiniModee Mon 23-May-11 20:37:18

I was using Lidl but have switched to Aldi, they are a bit better containment wise.

susiey Thu 26-May-11 09:20:47

I use tesco and have used sainsburys and both are fine

morrisons were rubbish though!

crumbletastic Thu 26-May-11 09:36:21

i like asda ones they are very good and reasonablly priced. I got given a load of huggies and pampers to use when a famiy members child had outgrown them and I couldn't wait to get them finished to get back onto my more reliable asda nappies.

I also used the Aldi ones once when husband had to pick some up urgently which were great and cheap but it is not conveniently located for me to use these regularly. (I hated the Aldi wipes though, not wet enough and very thick).

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 26-May-11 09:39:56

IME own brand are much better than pampers or huggies. Tesco and Sainsbury were good (preferred sainsbury). Boots is OK. Try to find a brand without lotion or green/bleu gel inside.

KnitterNotTwitter Thu 26-May-11 09:40:25

I like Boots own brand... DS used to wear washables during the day and disposables at night - it was the Boots ones we used... I often managed to do cunning BOGOF, boots points and Parenting Club voucher use that made them absurdly cheap!

ReshapeWhileDamp Thu 26-May-11 19:05:34

DS1 is in the largest Tesco nappies (at 3.3 blush) and I think they're great - much better than Pampers IMO. They're the ones that rip off resemble Active Fit Pampers, NOT the super-dry, which I suspect may leak as much as the pampers super dry.

I found Boots' own brand ones leaky.

FloweryBoots Wed 01-Jun-11 09:17:31

I've used pampas and Huggies branded and Tesco adn Sainsburrys own. I only use them at night as we use cloth in the day (though DH uses dissposables in the day if I'm not around!). Of the lot I've found tesco the best. Contain everything well, and really slim fit. Sainsburys also better then the branded ones but not quite so slim as tescos.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: