Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

alternatives for BG bamboo large?

(4 Posts)
wrigglerstea Fri 20-May-11 18:43:00

A while ago I bought 5 large BG fitted bamboo nappies to supplement my pockets to allow me to wash less frequently. I only bought them because they were on mega special offer (I got 5 for £25 including a discount) and was very dubious about 2 part systems as all the rest of my stash are pockets - a mix of V3, lollipops, youyos etc.

I LOVE them! They last so much longer, the are so soft and lovely, she NEVER, EVER leaks when she's in them. Can't stop raving about them as as, essentially, all her BTPs are lasting less and less time no matter how much I stuff them (I think because they are really too small, the youyos are much bigger and leak far less freq despite having the same amount of stuffing in them).

Now of course I can't get any more. They have been discontinued and the nearest looking to them I can find are itti bitti stretches which are btp when I just want straight forward LARGE.

Any ideas where I might find some? New or pre-loved. Or something which might be similar. I have had a look at various others but can't find anything that similar.

Pingpong Sat 21-May-11 16:28:01

I have one that I only bought as it was a bargain. They were discounted at BabaMe but they don't seem to have them any more. I actually prefer the Totsbots Stretchie (I think you meant that not Itti ?) They do a size 1 and a size 2 and they call the size 2 a BTP as it has poppers down the front but I have only ever used it as a large with all the poppers undone. It is the same lovely soft feel - I never tumble and some other bamboo nappies go crunchy but these feel lovely and soft all the time. They have a popper in booster and as I use them for night I add in another bamboo booster and they are bombproof with a good wrap over them.
I can sell you my Bumgenius one if you want - pm me or try a Tots stretchie - there are some good prices around for RNW

Eskarina Sun 22-May-11 09:59:19

Someone asked similar (it might have been you of course!) on the BabaMe facebook page. BabaMe thought they might still have some so it might be worth contacting them to see if they can do anything for you

Pingpong Fri 17-Jun-11 20:39:04

Hi wriggler - don't know if you are still looking but Babame put a message on FB tonight saying they had found some large bamboo ones in the warehouse. There are not many but they are back on the site if you look here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now