Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy sizing and brand help

(10 Posts)
peachybums Fri 13-May-11 23:15:59

Help! DD2 is in cloth full time and ive never used disposables before for any of my 3 DCs. We are going on holiday soon and even though i wanted to take her nappies with me DP said il be walking if i try to put a weeks worth of crappy dirty nappies in the car for the 3 hour journey home sad

Sooo i think im going to have to buy some gel free disposables sad trouble is because ive never used disposables before i have no idea what size to buy. All my dispoable using mummy friends say shel be in about a size 3 (shes just gone 1 this week with slightly chubby legs)

My friend had a bad experience with tushies is Moltex any better? Also what size will i need are they the same sizes as regular disposables? Oh god i dont have a clue!

Any help would be great smile TIA

gallicgirl Fri 13-May-11 23:34:28

They usually go by weight confused

My 3 month old (6.25 kg)is almost in a size 3 so I can't see your 1 YO wearing them unless she is ridiculously tiny.

can't comment on brands or gel free, sorry.

Pingpong Sat 14-May-11 15:10:43

I would go for size 4 Nature Nappies. You can get them in some (not all) branches of Boots, Mothercare, Tesco etc.

peachybums Tue 17-May-11 21:04:01

I used nature nappies for 2 days whilst in hospital then gave rest to my friend. Cant really comment on how they were as she hardly did anything in them but they seemed a good fit. Might try those again although really wanted gel free. Suppose its only for a week :s

My other friend has a baby whos about a lb lighter than DD and a week older and she put him in size 4 nappies got their holiday 2 weeks ago (he normally wears cloth) so i think il try size 4.

Thanks for everyones help

TheWaterHorse Tue 17-May-11 21:46:05

I have same exactly the same problem - dd is 11 months with chunky legs. I used nature nappies on her a couple of times when she was newborn and they leaked at the leg, but her legs were skinny then so hopefully will be better now.

Sounds like size 4 is the way to go...

TheWaterHorse Tue 14-Jun-11 21:09:38

Thought I'd update in case it was of use to anyone else. We used Nature Nappies size 4 in the end and they were very good, although I didn't try them overnight so don't know how long they would have lasted. They fitted well, didn't leak and didn't seem to smell as much as other disposable nappies. Only problem I had was I kept putting them on the wrong way round - at least with washable nappies it's usually pretty obvious which is the back and which is the front!

peachybums Wed 15-Jun-11 11:45:42

Haha waterhouse

DP still puts DD2s wee notions side snap wrap on backwards and her sandys, maybe its not as easy as we think or maybe DPs just a special case pmsl.

TheRealMBJ Wed 15-Jun-11 21:04:39

How about Flips with the disposable inserts instead?!?

I love my Flips (only have 3 'wraps' and the organic cotton inserts) and have used the disposable inserts when going away. Have doubled up on the (disposable) inserts though for greater absorbency, but they are fully compostable!

TheRealMBJ Wed 15-Jun-11 21:06:38

Oops didn't see that this was old. What did you use I'm the end peachy?

SecretNutellaFix Wed 15-Jun-11 21:25:27

weight wise, my neephew is just over 20lb weight and he's in size 4 disposables.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: