Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Question about Itti Bitti D'Lish

(11 Posts)
ThePetiteMummy Sat 08-Jan-11 14:32:13

Just received my first Itti this week, for dd, who is 9.5 months. I absolutely love how cute it looks! My question is about the absorbency. We usually use Bumgenius, and I change her around every 2-3 hours, with no leaks. She had the Itti on for 2.5 hours this morning, no leaks, so very happy with them. However, dd tends to wee forwards, so the front half of the soaker was wet, but the back half was dry. My question is, if I'd left it on longer, would the wee start to be absorbed at the back, or would it just leak?

I'd love to buy some more Ittis, but need to know they'll be reliable. I don't think she's a heavy wetter. She's in a size medium, which just about fits (bottom end of weight range, about 16lb).

TIA.

ziggyf Sat 08-Jan-11 19:46:27

Is it a Snap in one or All in one?

ThePetiteMummy Sat 08-Jan-11 20:49:07

Snap in one.

Hevster Sun 09-Jan-11 07:44:01

Good question, I need the answer too! Mine are fine up to 3 hours for the SIO and 3 for the AIO with the extra booster in. I will try and leave sio on longer today to see

ziggyf Sun 09-Jan-11 09:15:53

The SIO should be fine for 3 hours if your LO isn't a heavy wetter.

I found Ittis less reliable than other one part nappies (Tots Bots Easyfits, ME AIO) but they are very pretty. The problem is that they are difficult to boost if you need more than the provided boosters.

ThePetiteMummy Sun 09-Jan-11 15:03:18

Thanks for that. Left it on for 2 hrs 45 today, and the edges of the shell were just starting to get wet.

Would usually change after about 2 hrs anyway, but just thinking ahead, as this size should fit her for a while. Have only washed it twice so far, so suppose it won't yet be at maximum absorbency.

I don't think it's a good fit on dd yet, she should probably be in a small, but didn't want to pay for something that wouldn't last very long (she falls in the weight range for both, at about 7kg/16lb).

Will give it a bit longer before buying any more though. Was just thinking that they'd look really cute under dresses for summer, as she should be walking by then!
If only bumgenius would bring out some velvety ones, that would tick all the boxes!

FruitSaladIsNotPudding Wed 12-Jan-11 16:10:00

My DD (11mo and 24lbs ish) also wee's forwards and itti bitti's are terrible on her - they leak after about 2 hours max, without fail.

But I don't rate them anyway, because they are so small - my DD already only has one set of poppers to go on the large, and they don't go any bigger.

Shame, because they are lovely and trim, and so pretty. I really wanted to like them!

Ariela Wed 12-Jan-11 23:56:51

You could buy the mini boosters, and fold to the front to aid absorbency in the right place.

ThePetiteMummy Fri 14-Jan-11 14:14:47

Yes, I think like you Fruit (great name by the way!), I really want to like them! Left it on longer than usual yesterday as an experiment, as we were just at home, and lasted 4.5 hrs, with no leaks! Ok, I realise they don't wee evenly throughout the day, but pretty good going I thought. We still have a little leg gaping though, so not sure I'd trust it for a messy number 2! At the moment just putting it on when she's 'been' recently!

Might get the mini booster to try later on, thanks Ariela!

swampster Fri 14-Jan-11 14:20:03

I find Ittis pretty reliable but I always use a mini booster. Top tip for boys is snap mini booster on the front popper only and fold it in half - no more leaks!

PurpleCrazyHorse Sun 16-Jan-11 21:31:53

FruitSalad DD was also on the last poppers at 11mo but now she's walking and slimmed down, we're using a tighter popper combination. You might find this is the case for you too. TBH, I'm about to buy the mini boosters for DD (16mo) as she's wetting our Ittis through quite quickly and I tend to put DD in a disposable at naptime.

Petite You could try a secondhand nappy forum for a small Itti if you're worried about the gaping (or check the MN for sale board). We bought our medium Ittis secondhand and got some great bargains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now