Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Where can I donate my reusable nappies?

(15 Posts)
Dragonhart Tue 07-Dec-10 18:56:10

I have a huge bag of reusables that I would like to donate to help someone. Does anyone know of any schemes? They have all been used, some more than others but are in a good usable condition.

thisisyesterday Tue 07-Dec-10 19:06:19

i don't... i'm not sure they would be able to re-use them unless they'd been given a boil wash first though, which most nappies can't

you could sell/give them away on here or on usednappies or thenappysite

or advertise them freE? freecylce?

WillbeanChariot Tue 07-Dec-10 19:11:52

Freecycle.

ziggyf Tue 07-Dec-10 20:18:55

Nappy Shed send them to an orphanage in Africa smile

NappyShedSal Tue 07-Dec-10 23:01:25

Yes, I send them to an orphanage in Zambia. I just delivered a load today to the person who takes them out for me. They are going again in February. They accept all used nappies, wraps, muslins. Also jelly shoes and sanadals. You can get my address from my website, or email me and I'll send you my address.

Dragonhart Wed 08-Dec-10 19:30:08

Thank you everyone!

Nappyshed, I have sent you a message though your email but having read your message on here will probably just post them to your address on website. Sounds like they will all be useful.

Thank you
xxx

Dragonhart Wed 08-Dec-10 19:30:50

Sorry ment I had sent a mes through your website nappyshed!

ziggyf Mon 13-Dec-10 14:45:44

I've got a load to give you too - I live locally, can I drop them in?

ziggyf Mon 13-Dec-10 14:46:20

Woah, that sounded really stalker-ish!! I'm not a stalker honestly....

Dragonhart Mon 13-Dec-10 19:03:18

Posted them today Nappyshed, two packages on their way to you. Thank you. xxx

CharlieCorisepa Fri 07-Jan-11 16:16:58

Hi Nappyshed, Ive got 13 Bumgenius v2 reusables I was given free on Freecycle but despite my repairing the leg elastic several times they continue to fail, do you know of anyone who can recycle them or repair them really well? I'd hate to throw them out but am sick of repairing them everytime!

NappyShedSal Fri 07-Jan-11 17:40:10

Ziggyf - just realised I never saw your message - of course you can deliver them - anytime. If I'm not in just leave them on the doorstep.

CharlieC - the orphange will be happy with the BG - they'll just use them on the older ones - they have 100 babies under 1 at any one time, plus about 100 toddlers too.

Dragonhart Mon 10-Jan-11 18:44:45

Did you get the nappies? Post here has been rubbish and I am still getting christmas cards from mid december!

NappyShedSal Mon 10-Jan-11 23:21:46

Hi Dragonhart,
yes I did. Thankyou very much. 2 x parcels. I thought I#d sent a message saying Thankyou, sorry!

Dragonhart Fri 14-Jan-11 19:33:48

Great! Possibly didnt get it because we had our email account hacked and it all got a bit muddled. GLad it got there though. xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: