Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

This is what i`ve got but am i using the wrong size or doing something wrong ?

(4 Posts)
fakeblondie Thu 02-Dec-10 22:55:14

Ok over the years i`ve stashed this lot !

About 3 dozen terries
Full birth to potty bambino mio set
Size 1 tots bots x 12 plus tots bots wraps x 6 size 1.

I used mainly terry nappies with all other dc x 3 but they are 18 15 and 7 !

It been a while.

Baby is 5 months old now and weighs 12lb 9.

Only started using reusables this week as she was poorly for first 3 months with a hospital bug in her bowel which spread to her buttocks and groin-so i am only just relaxing enough to go for this now she has peachy beautiful skin for the first time .

The tots bots i`ve used have leaked every time - dont seem a very snug fit around the legs-it says on line size 1 is for 10-20 pounds which means they should fit her for ages - though these are prob 10 years old.

Bambino mio-same - size small wrap up to 15 lbs left marks on her tummy and leg and leaked through the actual wrap immediately.

So prob go back to good old terry-i used to use a motherease wrap with these but gave them away - not much to look at but fantastic.
Could you recommend a really really good wrap as i`ll be using them day and night and the tots bots / b m ones arent that good.

Anyone had any joy with b mio ?

Am i maybe using wrong size in tots bots ? Or could i use them with a better wrap maybe ?

I`m not going to buy more nappies as need to use what i`ve got.
TIA

Ariela Thu 02-Dec-10 23:10:29

If the Tots Bots are several years old, it's quite possible that as they were last used ona 20lb something baby, that the elastic hasn't kept too well and are a bit stretched OR the wraps/elastic have perished - if they were kept stuffed in the back of the airing cupboard the heat might have got to them?

For the Bambino Mio - try wrapping the prefold round and securing on with a Nappi Nippa. This should contain within the nappy = less to leak onto the wraps.

However I am concerned about the wraps - I think new might solve the issue.

I'd say good old trusty Motherease wraps would work best. Still the same!

fakeblondie Thu 02-Dec-10 23:50:53

Thanks-yes i think i`ll buy some motherease and didnt realise i could fold the b mio differrent ways-just googled that and some great folds.

Yes the wraps have been in the airing cupboard for about a year !
And thank you

ziggyf Fri 03-Dec-10 17:35:29

Definitely try new wraps, should solve your problems. Any nappy + ME wrap is pretty bombproof in my experience. I've just tried Thirsties Duo wraps which I loved (unexpectedly as I'm a ME girl!) but they are great and economical too - you could probably go straight to the 2nd size now and just have that size til PTing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now