Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How many packs, what brand and what size?

(4 Posts)
Sparkle2010 Thu 02-Dec-10 09:04:20

This is my first baby and I need some advice on what to buy. I want to use disposables. What brand do you reccomend and how many packs of each size should I get in to start with?

Indith Thu 02-Dec-10 09:10:19

Get a few different brands until you see which ones you like, different people get on with different brands. I think most people do tend to find own brand nappies as good as or better than the big brands though. At first the baby will get through at least 10 nappies a day so you will need plenty!

AnyFuleSno Thu 02-Dec-10 09:34:53

don't bulk buy nappies in a smaller size until you see how big your baby turns out to be.

I recommend waiting for a sainsburys half price baby items sale and buying nappies and wipes in bulk then. Sainsburys own nappies are brilliant and significantly cheaper than most other brands.

Always check the price per nappy - you'll find that pampers tend to be upwards of 15 - 20p per nappy depending on the promotion. I made it a policy never to spend more than 11p per nappy

Pingpong Thu 02-Dec-10 22:34:02

definitely don't bulk buy the newborns until you know the size of your baby like anyfule says. I had a bruiser and struggled to finish the 2 packs of newborn I had bought and then size 2 lasted for a very short while too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now