Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What am I doing wrong?

(5 Posts)
bettydoc Tue 30-Nov-10 19:55:52

Put a Bumgenius v3 then a Coolababy on DS (6 months) today. Just trying them out at home. Would like to go full time cloth now we're passing the BF explosive poo stage. Problem is both nappies leaked after a relatively short time. They've been prewashed and I have them on the medium size setting - he's a chub. Is there anything I can do that would prevent this?

Hevster Tue 30-Nov-10 20:25:57

had the same problem with both of those nappies on my DD and couldn't work out where I was going wrong either. Have changed to bum genius flip and organic all in one and not a leak insight smile

ziggyf Tue 30-Nov-10 20:29:33

I've never got on with BGs, they always leak after hardly any time on my two. Haven't tried coolababy so can't comment on them. Maybe try boosting them a bit more?

Have you got any other nappies to try?

knuckingfackered Tue 30-Nov-10 20:52:16

take lots of care pulling the elastic at legs out away and forward so that its flush with skin.
Try a 2 part ie bambinex teddie and separate wrap.
If your very used to disposables be aware real nappies dont last as long, and at different times of day will also vary (mine has one nappy from 7am till midday sometimes but then does 3 or 4 more through till 4pm, lunch must start something off).

legallyblond Wed 01-Dec-10 11:08:29

Both those nappies also leaked on my (7 week old) DD after only a couple of hours... I also have ended up liking the bumgenius flip best. No leaks at all even after 3 and a half / 4 hours!

Now I just need to find a night nappy that works....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now