Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Selling Unused CottonBottoms; Where and how much?

(8 Posts)
Cosmosis Mon 29-Nov-10 10:57:54

I have a massive stash of cloth nappies from various sources, including some cotton bottoms which are completely unused. I want to sell them as I don't want them (am totally happy with the TotsBots I am using) but I have no idea where to sell them or how much to ask. There are 16 nappies and 4 liners. Can anyone give me some pointers?

Doh just noticed post at top saying there is a for sale board on here, in that case, can anyone advise how much I should ask for them?

ziggyf Tue 30-Nov-10 09:48:53

You could also try ebay if they are new (can't sell used nappies on there) and also usednappies.co.uk & cloth nappy tree.

How much are they new? I'd knock 20% off and see if they sell x

Cosmosis Tue 30-Nov-10 11:45:16

Thanks, for advice I'll give that a whirl

Pingpong Tue 30-Nov-10 18:20:07

you have to pay £10 to sell here which is quite steep if you only have a few items to sell. Not so bad if you are selling lots of stuff.
Cloth Nappy Tree has no charge and buyers usually pay the paypal fee - there is a paypal calculator feature.
Apart from all the glitter, huns and tickers it's a good place to sell.

Hevster Tue 30-Nov-10 19:48:16

i'd go cloth nappy tree too, with you on the glitter, huns and tickers though smac !!!

Cosmosis Wed 01-Dec-10 08:22:05

Oh good point re the £10, I'll stick them on cloth nappy tree then and avert my eyes from the tickers wink

NappyShedSal Wed 01-Dec-10 09:50:56

I don't want you to think I'm the bearer of doom, but I can't give away prefolds, so asking for 20% off new price may be a little optimistic.

Cosmosis Wed 01-Dec-10 11:15:18

I thought it was probably optimistic NappyShedSall, I think I'll ask for 50% or offers. I only paid £10 for them and some other things (sleeping bag etc), so not that bothered about making money.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: