Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Could I have a bit of final advice before buying my full napy stash...?

(5 Posts)
legallyblond Mon 22-Nov-10 16:37:13

I have had 6 week old dd in disposable since birth (despite my intetions to use reuseables from about 2 weeks...) but a couple of gel explosions with pampers (think those horrid silicon gel bits in all of dd's sensitive little cracks - yuk!!!!) have made me totally re-energised for the switch to washables.

I have test run a couple of bumgenius (v3, but I would buy v4s) and LOVE them so I think I will be going for them.

Just a couple of final questions though:

1. I am really torn between poppers and aplix - I want the BGs to last a couple of children and I know poppers are more durable, but really like the aplix one's I have been testing...

2. I don't change DD's nappy at night at the mo unless she does a poo, which she never does... I really don't want to start changing her as we have a good night routine going. I don't beleive that BGs will see her through 12 hours as she wees A LOT. Am looking at tots bots stretchies with a fleece liner and a bummis wrap OR bambooty easy nights for nighttime. Which are best? What would you receommend?

TIA

GoingToBonnieDoon Mon 22-Nov-10 18:55:02

There was a thread recently about aplix or poppers here which I posted on if you want to take a look at what people said. I'd go for poppers personally, wish they had been available on the V3 when I bought mine.

Can't be any help about night time nappy I'm afraid, we use a disposable overnight, I love washables, but I love the (precious little) sleep I get more!!

ib Mon 22-Nov-10 18:59:53

I would go for poppers, aplix ime doesn't last that well (I am on dc2) and also catches with other things in the wash and ruins them.

I wish all my nappies were poppers. We bought some aplix as dh was afraid of poppers and we both regret it now.

KirstyJC Wed 24-Nov-10 09:02:16

We have been using BG v 3 for almost 2 years and they are fab. Nursery love them too!

They have aplix and have started to curl a bit at the edge, but still work very well. If I were buying again from scratch I would buy a couple of each type - aplix and poppers - to see which I prefer before buying the rest.

We have other nappies for nights though - we have some fitted bumgenius bamboo and some Tots Bots bamboo stretchies, although we also had some little lambs bamboo as well which got a lot of wear and finally the elastic went. I got some very well loved Tots Bots Bamboozles as well but these weren't as absorbant so I sold these on.

I prefer the stretchies so far but they are quite new so can't comment on how well they last, although Tots Bots are a good make. Not tried Bambooty. I also use either wool - Disana wool shorties - or Tots Bots fleece wraps for nights.

Pingpong Wed 24-Nov-10 23:08:19

I find you get a better fit with aplix compared to poppers. My girl has extremely chunky legs but has not got a big belly so I need to be able to get a good fit round her waist. I've got second hand BG v3 which I've had for 2 years and they are still going strong on DD2.
I am using some old style Tots Bots Bamboozles and a couple of new Bamboozle stretchies at night (with an extra bamboo booster & fleece liner) and a Motherease Rikki wrap. Bomb proof! I've tried wool and I'm not that keen...
Oh and the Totsbots just won a Gold Award in from Mother and Baby Magazine - so it's not just me (and Kirsty) that thinks they are good!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: