Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bad reaction to Pampers, anyone else?

(6 Posts)
MegBusset Sun 14-Nov-10 13:50:40

I got some Pampers Simply Dry last week as they were on offer, opened them a couple of days ago, since when DS2 had a super red bum and today looks like the skin has peeled off in a couple of places

Obviously I have binned the nappies but wondered if this was a common reaction? I haven't used Pampers before and certainly won't again!

pinkyp Sun 14-Nov-10 22:22:01

i've heard its 50/50 from what i read on the pampers website,email them your complaint.

AuntySammy Thu 18-Nov-10 22:40:57

Why not try reuseable nappies. Reuseable's are often found to be kinder to skin as they don't contain chemicals like disposables. Disposable nappies are absorbent due to the chemicals in them but these are bad on a baby's delicate skin and are often why disposables smell bad. A lot of people have used real nappies and not had any problems with nappy rashes - my Grandmother bought up 7 children in the old fashioned terries and she says that not one of them suffered nappy rash and also research shows that real nappies are kinder to skin and just as good if not better than disposables and then can be used for future children saving money in the long run. Totsbots are supposed to be good and the Pop in nappy made by modern baby as well as Bumgenius.

shelscrape Thu 18-Nov-10 22:45:01

AuntySammy - I agree! I used washable nappies with DS and he never had a single slightest bit of nappy rash

peachybums Tue 23-Nov-10 13:22:10

The thinner the nappy the more nasty chemicals it has in to absorb the wee shock

As far as i know pampers are boasting to be the thinnest on the market so theres your answer

HermyaAndThePomBears Tue 30-Nov-10 07:27:22

OP my DS had a bad reaction to pampers as well, we had really bad nappy rash with them. I've heard that it's happened quite a few times to different people.

FWIW, we didn't get that with huggies or naturebaby nappies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now