Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Eco-Disposibles. Which ones?

(9 Posts)
tutu100 Thu 11-Nov-10 00:29:44

Having used cloth with just the odd disposible at night/long days out for nearly 2 years I am admitting defeat and switching to dispos for a while as Ds2 is out weeing every cloth nappy I've tried and I just can't keep up with all the washing.

So are eco-disposibles any better for the environment than mainstream disposibles. I hate pampers (gave ds2 really sore bum) and not keen on huggies. Have been using Nature baby, but the gel seems to come out of these really easily and sticks to his skin so I'm a bit dubious about them as avoiding the gel is one of the reasons why I used cloth.

Are Bambo, Moltex, Tushies worth the extra cost?

JeMeSouviens Thu 11-Nov-10 03:41:50

I used Moltex for DS1 and have no complaints.

Been using reusables for DS2 and am fed up with the leaks so have just ordered another batch of moltex to use half and half.

octopusinabox Thu 11-Nov-10 20:22:10

Moltex use the gel as well - they didn't used to but changed their nappies some time ago. They used to be a kind of off white colour too but are now bleached. I don't think they are worth the extra anymore as they aren't biodegradeable in any sense.

I used to use nature baby ones but had never had the get come out unless I'd left it on too long and it was too wet. If you're finding this happens when it hasn't been on long it might be worth going up a size - I found nature baby nappies to be quite small.

BikeRunSki Thu 11-Nov-10 20:26:42

Bambo

Very absorbent - use startch rather than gel.
Very effective.
No skin probs.
Well worth the money - they are so much more absorbent, that I use far less than when using Nature baby or Saino/Asda's own eco nappies.

NappyShedSal Mon 15-Nov-10 13:26:20

Tushies don't have any Gel in them.

lljkk Mon 15-Nov-10 13:33:45

Tushies are awful, I mean I couldn't believe how bad they are (too bulky and badly shaped). Would not buy them again.

OP, I did a writeup of eco-disposables here, might help you. I don't think there's a lot in it whether you use Bambo, Nature Babies, Moltex Oko or supermarket own. Just buy which of those is convenient to you. Bambo Nature is the only one that does eco disp pull-ups, though, I think.

bettydoc Tue 30-Nov-10 19:59:59

I've just bought Sainsbury's Eco and they're fine.

Hevster Tue 30-Nov-10 20:28:19

nature babies do a pull up (or they did last time I bought any about 5 months ago)

octopusinabox Wed 01-Dec-10 20:30:23

Sainsbury's 'eco' nappies are just normal nappies but cashing in on the 'eco' name. I emailed them to ask what exactly makes their nappies 'eco' but I had no reply. There's no mention of anything different on the packaging (at least there wasn't when they first came out). At least nature babies don't use plastic in their packaging so can claim to be a little bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now