Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Public Loos and potties

(14 Posts)
Lmccrean Sat 20-Aug-05 15:08:50

Is it acceptable, if there is a long queue for the toilets to bring my dd into the room (not a cubicle) and set her on her potty? We havent actually got to this stage, as when she realises she needs to go Ive maybe 30 seconds til theres a puddle on the floor. I wont be taking her out without a nappy til she can wait a few mins, but I waited for a loo at local shopping center for 10 mins yesterday and it got me thinking what i would do when dd needed to go! (disabled and baby changing room are always locked! - disabled I understand, but baby changing one I dont)

foxinsocks Sat 20-Aug-05 15:14:24

first of all, make a plan in your head of where all the loos are in the area you are going (you'll probably have a fair idea of which ones have large queues and which ones don't)

When mine were at this stage, I used to apologise to the queue and ask if we could go next (saying 'sorry, she's desperate, do you mind if we use the toilet next') - no-one ever said no - it's mostly old dears or mums in the queue anyway! Normally, a toddler hopping up and down and holding their bits makes everyone move out the way and clear the way to the loo!

morningpaper Sat 20-Aug-05 15:22:26

I would say it is acceptable, yes, but then you are stuck with the problem of finding loo-roll, cleaning up your dd and the potty, with 20 people watching you. Rinsing the potty in a public sink is a no-no IMO.

The alternative is to use the men's which I have resorted to on occasion.

MaloryTowers Sat 20-Aug-05 15:28:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaloryTowers Sat 20-Aug-05 15:30:07

morningpaper Sat 20-Aug-05 15:33:04

I REALLY don't like potties being rinsed in the sink - there's rarely enough room to do it properly without touching the taps and I think it's a bit rude TBH. Fine if it's your own child's deposits but it's NOT fine if it's someone else's.

MaloryTowers Sat 20-Aug-05 15:36:12

hercules Sat 20-Aug-05 15:39:32

No way would I do this in public! Fine for your own home but not in a public sink!

Oooh, we could start a new thread to liven sat up!

myermay Sat 20-Aug-05 15:40:28

Message withdrawn

hercules Sat 20-Aug-05 15:41:07

I'd do it at home though.

lockets Sat 20-Aug-05 15:41:53

Message withdrawn

MaloryTowers Sat 20-Aug-05 15:41:59

hercules Sat 20-Aug-05 15:47:12

I would be extremely offended at a dog's poo not being cleaned up.

A sink is a place to wash in though used by other people!

Lmccrean Sat 20-Aug-05 15:47:32

in regards to disposing, if they dont mind you jumping the q to let her wee, im sure they wouldnt mind you nippin in to empty it, right? wave it in front of them a bit maybe, lol?! and would bring the flushable wipes that dd uses - not kandoo, but cant remember name right now..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now