Talk

Advanced search

Over night charge

(3 Posts)
Nichaf1995 Tue 30-Jan-18 18:07:05

Hi, just looking for people's advice on what to do charge for an over night stay.

I've been approached by a lady who needs someone on an adhoc basis to provide over night care for her son. I did ask her what hours/how many hours it would be but she didn't really specify. She said she would pick her son up from nursery around 6pm and then take him back at 7:30 the following morning so I'm guessing she would need me maybe 7-8pm until 6am the next day (not too sure).

Anyway she's asked me how much would I charge and I honestly don't have a clue. I haven't provided over night care in a long time.
So what would be a fair amount for both myself and the parent?

A little bit about myself -

I'm a registered nanny with over six years of experience working with children between the ages of 6 months to 11 years.
I've worked in a school playgroup, nursery, mobile creche as well as being a nanny for three years. I currently work for a family 3 days a week and I previously worked for another family full time for two years. I'm Level 2 qualified in child care along with all the necessary checks i.e first aid, DBS check, nanny insurance, plenty of references.

I did ask a friend and she suggested depending on what hours the lady needed me...

7pm - midnight - normal hourly rate of 8:50 per hour and then a sleep in rate of £30-40 until I guess he wakes up and she takes over?

Not too sure myself if that is too much or too little. I would like to make it fair on both sides but I don't want to put it too high and scare her away as I could really do with the extra money!

Any advice appreciated, thank you!!!

nannynick Tue 30-Jan-18 19:33:11

I agree with your friend that 7pm-Midnight or perhaps 11pm will be usual evening babysitting rate. Then say 11pm-5am would be at a discounted rate (unless there is an under 2 involved in which case it may need to depend on how much disturbed sleep is likely). Then 5am/6am onwards is normal daytime rate.

WellTidy Wed 07-Feb-18 22:15:18

On those figures, I think it works out at just shy of £100. Does that sound reasonable to you? Do you think it will sound reasonable to her (only asking this as you say you don't want to put her off and need the money)?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now