Talk

Advanced search

Christmas present for our nanny

(7 Posts)
Swippy Fri 08-Dec-17 00:11:41

What would be a good gift and roughly how much should we spend? Do people get a bonus?

JoJoSM2 Fri 08-Dec-17 15:48:21

I’m sure she’d be happy to get a bonus.

In terms of a good present - what are her hobbies? Taste in stuff? If you’re stuck, just get her a gift card for a department store.

PowerPantsRule Fri 08-Dec-17 19:27:39

There are lots of threads on this if you search...I get mine something silly from the kids like a personalised bauble or make up bag and a bonus - usually of a week's pay but depends on how long she has been with us. I am not the norm though if I remember from old threads.

Mind you I can also recall a nanny getting a month's pay as a bonus on here!

Loverunandwine Fri 08-Dec-17 19:29:21

We gave a scarf from the children and £500, her gross salary is £2700 (4 days)

Callaird Sun 10-Dec-17 16:17:08

I’ve had a months salary, gross.
I’ve had a cuddly teddy!
I’ve had a weeks salary, gross.
I’ve had a new camera (love photography)
I’ve had a huge mans coat (do not feel the cold (still wearing a cardigan))
I’ve had a kitchenaid mixer (my favourite!)
MB and I share a love of a certain designers handbags, I’ve had two of those.
I’ve had a bunch of flowers.

I’ve always had a present from the children too. Something they have chosen them selves (with a little prod in the right direction from MB)

Something they know I would like is appreciated. A little thought. Something I wouldn’t buy myself. The monitory value doesn’t matter, something special is more important.

(However, I’d never turn down a bundle of cash!!)

wizzywig Sun 10-Dec-17 16:18:52

Wow some nice gifts!!

Swippy Mon 11-Dec-17 19:57:40

Thanks for the replies sorry I now see it’s a question that’s been done before! Actually she’s quite young and trendy. My kids are quite young but I may help them make a card and then a gift card for ASOS or somewhere? Maybe a bonus and some
Little bits too... thanks for the ideas I feel
Like I was quite tight last year now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now