Talk

Advanced search

After-school nanny agencies in London

(9 Posts)
NamedyChangedy Fri 01-Dec-17 15:04:42

Reposting for traffic...

I'll be looking for an after-school nanny to start in January, and came across an agency called Koru Kids. I really like their approach - you pay them a flat fee of £12 gross, and as I understand it they manage all the training, vetting, admin, payroll etc.

All of that really appeals to me. However, they don't have nannies available in my area at the moment. Are there any other agencies that work in a similar way?

JoJoSM2 Fri 01-Dec-17 20:03:12

Training, vetting, admin and payroll for £12 hmm

nannynick Sat 02-Dec-17 09:12:05

I thought that agency arranges nanny shares, so 2x£12 to the agency, they then probably pay the nanny £14-16.

Any nanny agency can try to source an after-school nanny. Finding a nannyshare is harder.

NotCitrus Sat 02-Dec-17 10:12:32

There's one covering SW and S London called After School Nannies. Bit expensive fees but OK if you take someone on temporarily to start with.

Lunde Sat 02-Dec-17 17:18:40

Isn't the afterschool nanny programme with Koru fixing you up with University students who work as baby sitters? It's great that they offer vetting but £12 is a lot for a baby sitter who is probably getting minimum wage

NamedyChangedy Sun 03-Dec-17 11:52:09

You might be right Lunde. Koru describe them as 'nannies', but I don't know the details of how they manage the commercials. £12 gross is about what we've paid in the past for full-time nannies (London Zone 4), but that was with me liaising with a payroll agency & HMRC myself, and I would really rather not have the extra admin.

I hadn't considered a nanny share, as my DCs have various activities they'd need to be taken to - might be hard to co-ordinate with another family.

southeastlondonmum Mon 04-Dec-17 21:12:02

Sorry I replied on your other thread. We use Koru having used nannies before. The admin is a dream and yes they are only well vetted students but quality was v high of all those that I interviewed and we like ours v much and would use again. It is very hard to find decent after school nannies but you could try and recruit dorecy

southeastlondonmum Mon 04-Dec-17 21:12:12

Direct

NamedyChangedy Thu 07-Dec-17 14:57:06

Thanks very much @southeastlondonmum, it’s good to hear a positive recommendation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now