Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Asking bosses to pay for nanny ofsted

(13 Posts)

Am an ofsted registered nanny, was in my previous job and just catried on renewing. My bosses have insisted I remain registered but dont regularly use the vouchers.
I (every other month probably) go back and do work for my old boss who does use the vouchers every month but doesnt insist on me being registered (shes just pay money instead)
Its due for renewal this month and I cant afford to pay it frankly. I dont want it to Lapse but i just dont have the money this month.

Its not going to go well when I tell them but would i be unreasonable to ask them to contribute to it?

There's a lot of issues in this job and ive lost sense of what is reasonable!

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 02-Nov-17 22:29:19

If your employers insist you stay registered then They need to pay the cost

Thanks Blondes smile how are you?!

KarateKitten Thu 02-Nov-17 23:33:51

Your other boss can't use vouchers without you being registered as far as I know.

I know, but she'd be fine if I didn't pay it and she had to use money through the payroll, my current employers would throw a hissy fit despite the fact they don't really use them!

Brokenbiscuit Fri 03-Nov-17 08:08:45

Tell them that you can't afford it and will have to let it lapse, unless they are so keen for you to maintain the registration that they're willing to pay for it.

Brokenbiscuit Fri 03-Nov-17 08:10:01

Is there anything in your contract about maintaining your registration? Would you be in breach of your contract if you let it lapse?

BeachysFlipFlops Fri 03-Nov-17 08:27:47

If your hourly rate is higher because you are registered, then I think you should pay yourself for your registration.... ie. if they pay a premium for a registered nanny...

My pay is the same regardless beachys smile

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 03-Nov-17 12:49:51

I'm good thanks @lego

Shezza71 Sat 18-Nov-17 23:04:38

Employers should definitely pay it for you if they want you to be registered. I have only ever paid my own if I've been looking for a role when renewal was due

GinNeeded Sun 19-Nov-17 08:01:13

As an employer the only benefit is to me. Therefore if I want my nanny to be OFSTED registered I pay the cost. Why should my nanny be out of pocket for something which saves ME money? No logic in that at all.

CatalpaTree Sun 19-Nov-17 08:31:52

Agree with pp. As an employer, it's me who benefits so I pay the full cost always.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now