Talk

Advanced search

How to write termination letter

(4 Posts)
ChocOrange3 Mon 25-Sep-17 14:56:48

Hi all

I don't want to go into too much detail on here but we have decided to fire (for want of a better word) our nanny of almost a year. She is lovely but it is not working out for a few reasons mainly down to communication and sickness. I think that its not just down to her, but really we are not the right fit for her style of working (I think she would like to be left to do what she wants rather than doing the things I would like the kids to be doing).

I want to write a termination letter that has all the right details but do I need to include a reason for termination? As much as she hasn't worked out for us I don't want to totally screw her potential future employment up but on the other hand I don't feel its right to lie.

Any ideas gratefully received?

Thanks

nannynick Mon 25-Sep-17 19:21:46

As they have worked for less than two years you do not have to say why. However I would assume that you have had numerous discussions with them about what you want them to do, given them a chance to meet your expectations and told them that are not meeting them.

Are you going to use a different form of care next, or are you looking for another nanny?

Puffthemagicdragongoestobed Mon 25-Sep-17 19:27:23

I would have a look here for proper dismissal procedures
www.gov.uk/dismiss-staff

ChocOrange3 Tue 26-Sep-17 08:54:51

Thanks puff

Nick, I've PMed you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now