Talk

Advanced search

Nanny payroll

(3 Posts)
PineappleBun Tue 11-Apr-17 16:21:14

I am about to hire a nanny. It's my first time. Wonder if anyone do the payroll themselves. Is it complicated? Is the nanny payroll service worth the money or something I can save?

Do I need to contribute to pensions now? Many articles say pension will be introduced gradually in 2017 but not the exact date.

Thanks

nannynick Tue 11-Apr-17 16:53:22

You can get software to help do the payroll. Payroll providers don't just help by doing payslips, they also assist with contract and are there for general enquiries about anything nanny related. You could try doing it yourself at first, agree a gross salary, but do make sure you understand how to do it.

Pension wise, as a new employer you won't need to provide a pension scheme until Jan 2018. You will need to appoint a contact, which if you are doing payroll yourself would be you.

LogonMounstuart Sat 15-Apr-17 20:36:49

We use Paye for nannies and have used nanny paye. Both great. It costs very little (just over £100) so yes I would recommend. Just making all the payments is a hassle enough this makes everything else straight forward. Especially useful
For SSP, calculating pay when nanny leaves etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now